rabbit manure is good for the garden right?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Ddunk1026, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Ddunk1026

Ddunk1026 Active Member

How much rabbit manure should be added to the garden? Too much is a bad thing right? Can it even be used in potted plants? Is it good even when not first composted?

2. rzrubek

rzrubek Flying Z

Rabbit manure can be added straight to the garden and potted plants. It will not burn like other manures. The proper amount to add to your garden is the exact amount your rabbits produce :p You can make a raised bed of rabbit manure and plant right in it.

3. Tucker

Tucker Well-Known Member

Hello Ddunk ,, we have two raised beds 4 ft x 24 ft x 10 inches high ,,, hub has put as much as 23 wheelbarrows full of everything under the hutches into these 2 beds ,, tilled in and we plant

we do this between every 'planting' ,, 3 times a year ,, these beds are a rich black loose soil and are full of worms ,, couldn't ask for a better soil admendment ,,

we clean under all the cages in late Jan/Feb ,, till ,, till again 2 weeks later , put down black plastic mesh ,, to stop and kill weeds ,,, leave to warm the soil for a week and then plant broccli in one bed ,,, around late April early May we will clean more do the other bed for tomatoes and peppers okra,, when broccli is done ,, we plant squash cukes beans ,,

in late August the squash cuke bed is done ,, we clean it out and clean under rabbit cages again ,, till ,, recover for a week+ with black mesh to kill weeds ,, then remove mesh and plant 1 bed in greens ,, part in turnip,mustard, kale ,,, part in lettuce

in late September when frost had finally gotten the tomatoes and peppers we will plant broccli again (cabbage , califlower etc too)

must be doing something right lol I have 7 ft tall tomatoes already the cuke vines are at least 9 ft tall and the squash plants are taller than me too .. ;-)

we tie everything upwards >>>

I can't post pictures here or I'd post 1 from last year