Rabbit leg out of place!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by kell, Jan 11, 2005.

1. kell

kell Well-Known Member

Hey, I just checked in with my rabbits and found that one has a dislocated leg. I tried calling the vets to ask what to do but it's 5:30pm and they're not open, so I'm relying on you guys.
    The bunny doesn't look or act like he's in pain, he just doesn't use that leg. It kind of hangs loose. I picked him up and rotated it around a little bit to see if it would pop back in, but no luck. Other than the leg he's doing just fine...eating and drinking normally.
    This happened to my older doe when I picked her up one time. I put her back down and her leg had popped out of place. She just walked around a bit and it went back in just fine with no problems after that. She was more mature than my other one, though. The one with the hurt leg right now is about 2 months old.
    If anyone has experiance with this sort of thing and could tell me how to pop it back in I would be very grateful.
    KEL

2. CountryGoalie

CountryGoalie Well-Known Member

I wish I could help, but I'm not sure exactly what to tell you other than to get the rabbit to the vet this morning if it hasn't managed to get the leg correct by now. Good luck with the rabbit!

3. nans31

nans31 Well-Known Member

Kell-- how's the rabbit doing? Were you able to get the leg back in?

4. kell

kell Well-Known Member

The rabbit's just fine except the leg doesn't work very well. He's not in any pain, and I don't have any money to bring to the vet so, I just watch closely for any change, and there's been none. Well not exactly none, he does use the leg a little more. could it be just s sprain, or a pulled muscle?
    KEL