Rabbit Forums

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by JAS, Jan 18, 2005.

1. JAS

JAS Well-Known Member

OK, I thought I would visit the "Rabbit Village" that is in the Google ad above. Don't think I fit in.

I was checking out the sell/buy area and saw someone looking for meat rabbits. The poor person got scolded out left and right for eating the adorable bunnies.

I am sure most Rabbit forums are like that. Thank you for having this forum, where we can ask question that would make us banded from the other "bunny" groups.

2. inc

inc Well-Known Member

agreed. rabbit is a good meat and easy for anyone to raise. it is one of the best small livestock out there.

3. CountryGoalie

CountryGoalie Well-Known Member

Hmm... so I suppose that I shouldn't tell the folks at Rabbit Village about the two French Lop / Satin crosses that went into the pressure cooker yesterday with all sorts of seasonings, eh? :rolleyes:

4. apirlawz

apirlawz playing in the dirt

:haha: :haha: Oh geez, you found that one too, huh? For a second, I was very tempted to post on that board about another great rabbit board...ours!! Oh dear, could you imagine one of them stumbling across one of our processing threads!? :eek: Good grief, we'd never hear the end of it!

Yes, this is one of the few I've found that you can have an intelligent discussion about meat rabbits without someone getting all up in arms about eating cute bunnies. I mean, really! What the heck do they think Cals and NZs (to name a few) were developed for?? It's amazing what the "cute factor" does to some people! :no:

Whew...that's my time on the soapbox! :yeeha:

April

ps...the next time we are collectively feeling particularly evil, we should start a recipes thead over there....<insert evil laugh here>

5. CountryGoalie

CountryGoalie Well-Known Member

Count me in. :D

EDIT:
    I just revisited, and was amused by the possibilites of this one. A forum entitled "Rabbit Talk", described as "a general discussion forum of everything to do with adult rabbits". Everything, hmmm? Sound like an open invitation to anyone? Maybe I could discuss what the prime weight for meat production is, or if anyone knows of a good place to advertise my culls for pre-kill consumption by other animals. Ahem.

Apirlawz, you've got me feeling evil. :rolleyes:

6. 2horses

2horses I'm a silly filly!! Supporter

But appreciate the frank discussions here on raising the buns, regardless, and respect y'alls right to talk about them as meat producers. I found that site too and couldn't stomach it for long either. Did y'all notice the two things that caught my eye? First, the incessant plea for spay/neuter, and second how most posters were from the UK?

Pam :cool:

7. Tucker

Tucker Well-Known Member

===========

:) I like the Group: Yahoo - Meatrabbits too ,, thats another group that has honest conversations about raising rabbits and everyone is nice and helpful ,,

Some groups you can't even mention that you raise NZ or Cals without getting 'jumped' for raiseing meatrabbits ,,, where do these people think meat comes from ??

8. JAS

JAS Well-Known Member

Thanks, Tucker for the other forum. Are there other "meat" forums out there? I would like to hear about them.

Personally, I think the roosters I need to butcher tomorrow are as adorable as the bunnies I need to butcher Tuesday, but they all have their purpose.

9. chickflick

chickflick Well-Known Member

It really is SAD that some people just don't get it. :no: But then.. if the worst happens... they'll all die FIRST; leaving behind a nice bunch of intelligent carnivores to rule the world! ;) :worship:

10. JAS

JAS Well-Known Member

I was on the poultry forum following a thread on the price of eggs. Someone said there are people raising vegetarian hens and marketing the eggs as vegetarian raised???????

I think it is sad when people try to reflect themselves onto animals. Those poor hens are probably look for a nice fat bug, and really don't care about the bug's feelings!

11. Yankee1

Yankee1 Well-Known Member

12. Derek

Derek Member

I know what you mean.I went there and a looked at it and left quick!