Rabbit antibiotics??

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by jill.costello, Dec 28, 2005.

1. jill.costello

jill.costello Well-Known Member

Hello-
    I'm having some upper respiratory troubles in my very small mouse colony. [Yes, MOUSE colony!]
    I'm willing to try putting something in their drinking water to help them out. The does that are affected are breathing strenuously and sneeze every few minutes.
    I know this isn't a mouse forum, but I thought one of you could steer me in the direction of a name or brand that's easy to find at Tractor Supply.

FYI, mouse breeding is the way I am teaching myself color and trait genetics. If I lose all of my F2 generation does, my lineages will go kaput!

Thank you!! -Jill

2. holleegee

holleegee Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what Tractor Supply has but you can call DaMars (a small animal supply company) and they have vet techs that will answer your questions. (1-800-952-8669) I have called them a few times and they have been very helpful. I hope your mice make a quick recovery!

3. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

Don't think you could get it at tractor supply, but when my rats had upper respiratory problems, I took them to the vet who perscribed "Chloropalm". Thick, milky white stuff. Sweet smelling. I had to give them 1cc of it twice a day, but they got better.