Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4 month old R&W holstein heifer F/S.$400 or open to offers.I am in north central pa.

·
Seeking Type
2,102 Posts
Also would be nice to know the sire, dams sire, and grand dams sire. Should have that info if she has papers. This can make a BIG difference in the wantability of her.

If she doesn't have papers, where did you get her? Were you told she is a red holstein? Because some breeds, such as ayshires can look like red holsteins as calves. I have seen them, and they are very similar.

Jeff

·
KS dairy farmers
3,841 Posts
Assuming the animal is generally in good health, at a price of $400 one would simply buy it if you desire a dairy heifer calf. A person would expect to pay that for a week old dairy heifer calf in good health, regardless of breed.
The owner has allready raised it through the high risk-high labor input part of it's life.

·
Udderly Happy!
2,866 Posts
What would you charge to deliver her to SE Oklahoma? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
Up North said:
Assuming the animal is generally in good health, at a price of $400 one would simply buy it if you desire a dairy heifer calf. A person would expect to pay that for a week old dairy heifer calf in good health, regardless of breed.
The owner has allready raised it through the high risk-high labor input part of it's life.
My thoughts exactly. I don't even need or want a heifer but if it was local I'd grab her at that price/age. :) Its a bargain for a healthy heifer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts