Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Just picked up an older travel trailer and would like/need to seal the roof .
Its not leaking now but has in the past ,i would like your ideas on what would be the best product to use.
I have been looking at Kool Seal but not sure if it would be the best for the job .
Any help would be appreciated
Thank You
farmerjack68

·
Registered
559 Posts
I used Sno Seal. It'S easy to apply an stays flexible enough to not crack. I had it on a travel trailer for five years covering two leaks. I covered the whole roof. They never leaked, and it was drug all over Wyoming in summer heat and winter cold.
It's also white and does reflects the sun, my camper didn't get as hot.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
farmerjack68 said:
Hello
Just picked up an older travel trailer and would like/need to seal the roof .
Its not leaking now but has in the past ,i would like your ideas on what would be the best product to use.
I have been looking at Kool Seal but not sure if it would be the best for the job .
Any help would be appreciated
Thank You
farmerjack68
.........http://www.bestmaterials.com/detail.aspx?ID=11341

...............Eternabond ...IS...the best patch for RV roofs currently available !!
...............You can use a petroleum based product too clean the EPDM rubber roof , but you cannOT pour the product directly onto the roof . I use lacquer thinner and pour it onto a rag , and THen I rub the roof with the rag . When you rub the roof with the rag the cleaner will evaporate fairly quickly , this makes a big difference in preserving the integrity of your roof . , fordy

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
I used STA-KOOL. It is like a white puff paint that waterproofs, and is also an insulation that keeps the camper cooler. It's only $10 a gallon at Wally World. It took 2 gallons to do a 33 foot camper, but we had several leaks so we put it on real thick to seal them. It's been a few years and it's still not leaking so it must be some good stuff.

It sounds like it's the same stuff as Sno Seal that was posted earlier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.