Quite a possee

Discussion in 'Goats' started by allenslabs, Oct 31, 2006.

1. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

Tonight as I was walking at 11:30 at night to the back pasture (about 1/4 mile back down the lane) I was walking along with my 3 dogs..... Cinnamon (choc lab) , Samson (pyr male pup) and Follow (best heinz 57 I've had, 1/2rat terrier 1/4 blue heeler and 1/4 aus shep) on what was actually a nice night. We had a nice bright moon and it was chilly but clear and pretty aside from all the mud. Anyways as i was walking along I heard some meows so I shone my flashlight (ya think I was brave enough to walk without one? HAH!!) towards the house and saw 2 of my cats trying so hard to catch up with us. These poor cats seem to love me for whatever reason. The one with stripes whenever I squat down to milk on the ground will jump up on my back and sit there watching over my shoulder. The other one I'm not sure why he likes me. And these things follow me everywhere! They are sometimes between my legs but I've yet to trip over them. One even sat there and watched me doctor a hurt colt and watches me feed hay and everything. I just love him. Bad thing is they have a cold and I don't know what to do for them as I hate to put money in my barn cats when I've got 7 and a litter on the way. Any suggestions..........

I know this had little to do with goats but still I wanted to share my nice night with all......... thanks for listening.....

2. dap

dap lilsparrow

Ahhh, that does sound like quite the little gang! :walk: It sure is a pretty night out there down here in AL with the moon a little more than half, but so WHITE tonight! I wish I had an answer to your question though. Fiascofarm.com may have some ideas for you. She has good herbals if that is of any interest to you. :shrug:

3. doodles

doodles Well-Known Member

Are these cats vaccinated for Rhino or caliciivirus (sp)?

4. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

nope these are just barn kitties. Never gotten anything.

5. Patty0315

Patty0315 Well-Known Member

Most of the time it justs runs it course after a week or 2 they are fine.

Patty

6. nursefarmer

nursefarmer nursefarmer

Any cat that is dropped off at our house/barn is immediately spayed/neutered and the vet gives them a one time "the works" injection(s).My friend,however,had a 'favorite' cat and one youngster who seemed to have snotty noses and sneezes,this went on for about 4 weeks...she asked me what to do because the vet was just too expensive,and she has a "whole bunch"of cats all around her barn.I told her to try an injection of Oxytetracycline-no prescription needed-inexpensive.She tried it and it DID clear up the snotty nose/sneezing on both kitties.Another thought,we did have one cat years ago who was actually allergic to hay (!!!) and he ended up with a bath,toenail clip and a new address...my house ! no more barn cat status for him. Good luck !!

7. Zorro_Bones

Zorro_Bones Ridge Runner

Posse Maybe...
    I'm crazy, well that's almost a fact.
    When it comes to animal posse's. My family's goats do that everytime I lead them in and out of the barn to and from pasture.
    They are not as bad as my ducks though, they follow me all around the barnyard in a line sometimes there two side by side but usually only one.
    Well hopefully this spring when the babies arrive we'll have a larger posse.