Questions, one of our goats miscarried?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Goat Freak, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Hi, well I saw some goop hanging out of Patches vulva, I have been waiting while for her to kid. My mom came home and found a funny looking dead thing by the storage unit, it was not fully formed baby goat, my question is, she is CLEARLY at full term, we no that it was her because of the in-criminating goop on her butt. Why would the baby be under formed, we know that she was due this month, but to have FULLY FORMED babies. And she is still HUGE, so I am quessing that maybe this is a mummy? We felt her stomach and there is DEFINTLY another baby in there, a hard lump in her stomach, and like I said, she is HUGE! But she doesn't seem to be in labor now, could the baby have been ejected early, is there ANY chance for whatever other babies may be in there? I am SO upset, I was REALLY looking forward to seeing her babies. If any of you out there can give me any advice please do, I REALLY need it. Also, if you couold, please pray for Patches, and whatever babies might be left in her. THank you in advance, bye.

2. Misty

Misty Misty Gonzales

How long ago was it? I would sure go in and check her with a clean glove an lube. If it has been several hours, she should have one stuck, or turned.

3. Goat Freak

It must have happened this morning, that was when I first found the goop on her butt, come to think of it, it looked like it had speckd of red in it, maybe blood? I will tell my mom, bye.

4. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

Awwwww, Goat Freak! I will be praying for your Patches girl...sorry this is happening and I hope your questions are answered soon...

5. Goat Freak

Thanks Jill, her vulva looks clean now, os we are hoping that that is it, and that there is nothing wrong with her. Once again, thanks for praying, she may need it, and if not it CERTANLY ain't hurting nothing. Bye.

6. homebirtha

homebirtha Well-Known Member

If you're sure it was her baby, I think you need to check for more and get them out now!

7. Goat Freak

It's allright, she is done, no more babies. Hopefully we will get some good babies from her in about another year or so, we are giving her a nice BIG break from being pregnant, so hopefully she will do better next time, and to let her body rest. Thank you all, bye.

8. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

Goat Freak, did you go into patches and feel for more babies? It is really important to do that. We did that last year 20 hours after one of ours had twins, and we had another baby. good luck. I woulsd give patches molasses water, that will give her energy, even the baby wasn't alive she still needs the energy from all the work.
    God bless you.

9. Goat Freak

Sorry for not getting back. No, we bounced her, and now she is doing fine, no other baby, and hopefully she will HAVE a baby in about 4-5 months. Thank you for the advice Sweet Goats. BYe.