Question

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by hmsteader71, Jan 14, 2007.

1. hmsteader71

hmsteader71 Well-Known Member Supporter

I am new to this Forum on Alternative Health. I have been on Homesteading for almost a year and never saw this. I have a pretty good sinus infection that has moved into my chest. Usually this goes into bronchitis. I would like to treat this without medicine but don't know what to take. I want to get to where my body fights infections on its own w/o medicine but don't have a clue.
    All help would be appreciated.

2. SpringCrkAromas

SpringCrkAromas Well-Known Member

I battle the sinus stuff too and don't like to take the over the counter meds.
    I find what works for me is a nice long, hot shower. Hot as I can stand it. About 15 or 20 minutes of all that steam and I'm as good as new.
    Jill

3. jazzy

jazzy Member

for me, i love the hot shower thing, it really works good, especially in the AM when you first wake up, it really helps to loosen things up, sometimes id do it twice a day. the times when ive had a bad sinus infection i have found colloidal silver to be great. id take some to drink and id also put some drops in each ear keeping my head tiled to the side for 60 seconds, then do other ear and i have put some in a nasal spray bottle and snuffed it up.

i have also used a few drops of regular hydrogen peroxide in each ear, it will fizz and tingle but hold it for 60 seconds on each side then let it drain out. i used this alot before i started using colloidal silver on a regular basis--it does help.

all in all, i prefer to take elderberry tincture for infections, the stuff is terrific, you ought to make some (its soooo easy) and always keep it on hand.

it sure doesnt feel good, i know. hope you are feeling better soon, take care of yourself so you dont get sicker.

4. ladycat

ladycat Chicken Mafioso Staff Member

Schizandra berry extract does a great job for me. Also fresh grapefruits, pulp and all.

5. Marilyn in CO

Marilyn in CO Well-Known Member

I use lobelia capsules or tincture for chest colds, coughs and even have used it for pneumonia. Lobelia has this amazing ability to go in the body where it is most needed and also the ability to break up obstructions. Too much lobelia can make you puke. I also like to use tea tree oil mixed with a carrier oil(olive oil, jojoba or whatever veg. oil is handy) and rub it on the chest area front and back putting warm cloths over the area and tightly wrapping with a hot water bottle on top to keep in the warmth. Taking liquid trace minerals and Vit C or fresh squeezed orange or grapefruit juice helps me also. Horseradish is good to clear passages.

6. Karen

Karen Well-Known Member Supporter

Check my thread here:
    http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=148773

These truly do work and you can make your own; however, since your already experiencing sympthoms, you won't have time to make them for this bout. You could get the separate tinctures at your local health food store and combine them (although they won't be quite as effective as if they were masserated together), or if you want, I will be happy to send you some of each at no charge; just PM me.

7. mandyh

mandyh Well-Known Member

You should be tested to see if it is a bacterial infection. If it is, you will need antibotics to get over it. You dont wont to fool around and end up with pneumonia. I'm still feeling the affects from it 3 years later.

8. culpeper

culpeper Well-Known Member

I'm with Mandyh. Any infection which moves to the lungs is potentially high risk. I, too, have had pneumonia, nearly died of it, and there has been permanent damage as a result of it. You need to see a doctor and get the infection cleared up with antibiotics. Home remedies won't do it for you at this point.