Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Nohoa Homestead
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know from a previous thread about bras that some of us here on HT are rather well endowed when it comes to bosoms. Busty, as it were. Heavily chested. However you want to say it.

Anyway, I am one of those, and I have recently begun having the most horrible itchy, heat rash under and between my breasts. I am itching myself RAW from it.

Because I do have to go outside sometimes and deal with the sweat issue, it is really difficult to keep this area dry. I have tried some anti-itch stuff (lanacaine maybe?) and it helps with the itch somewhat, but only temporarily. My mother told me that corn startch might help me keep dry.

Do any of you have similar problems and how do you deal with it? It's driving me crazy.

donsgal

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
OT, but I have always WANTED to be busty, LOL. After nursing 12 children I am still a B. Oh well....hope you get an answer to your question. I would think corn starch would work, and maybe making sure your bras were all cotton rather than petroleum based material?

·
-Melissa
981 Posts
I'm a double D. when around the home I'll stuff washrags under my bra. it helps keep the bra dry and they are easly changable. I used to use deoderent under them, but I think it made me sweat even more. I also use powder (eather babypowder or that "shower to shower" stuff) Just do your best at keeping that area as dry as possible. good luck!

-Melissa
Bolivar, Mo (just north of springfield)

·
Registered
708 Posts
i use baby powder during the day and at night i will put on some of the medicated powder (like gold bond but the cheaper stuff) it seems to help any heat rash heel a little faster but i will let you know it will burn for a couple minutes then it cools and feels great. we have been balling hay latelly at it is the only way i am making it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
You probably have a fungal infection. Fungus grows commonly in warm, moist places. It is the same fungus as atheletes foot and will probably respond to some of the common athlete foot cream, like lamicil and there is another popular one that I can't remember. I keep that stuff on hand for the same thing. Men have the same problem (jock itch). The anti itch stuff might help temporarily, but the anti fungal cream will cure it.

You may need to use it daily for a few weeks before it completly clears. Keeping it dry when working outside in the summer is not gonna work.

·
Registered
203 Posts
my doctor recently suggested to my mom to use an over the counter vaginal fungicide. cant remember the name. she did and is greatly improved. just rub a little on the hot spot.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I am a DD too, and you probably should try an antifungal cream at night when you go to bed. I had that problem once :rolleyes: . For just the sweating and having my bra rub the skin too much, I use gauze 4x4's between my bra and skin. I put on my bra, pull the underwire away from my skin and sort of tuck a gauze pad under my breast so it is partly sticking out the bottom of where the underwire will go. Absorbs sweat and is a lot softer than the bra material, believe it or not, as long as you use soft gauze.

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
I have the same problem ,& it got really bad when I was pregnant. The above suggestions work for me as well,another suggestion I have is to try & go bra-less,topless as much as you possibly can. I realize it's not very easy to do unless you are able to have alone-time in the house,but it really helps. I have been doing so much better since I began breastfeeding & get lots of chances to go topless. This is one of the reasons I really dislike summer. There have been days where I get so miserable I just pour a cup of ice down in between... I keep telling DH one day I am going to invent an ice-bra,sew some ice packs into the cups!! :p

·
Registered
256 Posts
when you know I have a hot outdoor sweaty day ahead, swab their underneath sides with antiperspirant. not just plain deodorant, it must say antiperspirant! ( but it can have deodorant too..) it helps a lot!

·
Bathtub Ninja
148 Posts
I used to have this antiperspirant mineral thingy that I bought at CVS/Eckerd's and I found that if I applied it under the area in question it helped me to not be so sweaty there. Allegedly, the product lasted about 5 years. I didn't find out if that was true because I lost it in a move and never replaced it. :(

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
F cup here...I notice that it bothers me more when I wear my older bras that dont support the girls as well as it should....I also got a couple of new bras recently that arent so supportive...they seem to just mash the girls in....anyways...

what I do is when I put on my gel antiperspirant/deodorant, there is always some that goes down the sides of the container/bottle....I wipe the sides of the deodorant container under the girls to not only wipe off the excess but to put it somewhere useful!

these are the bras that I wear....when new, the girls are standing straight up and out...no sag....I wear out 2 per year....about $80/year is all I can afford before they are too worn out that I have to cough up some more dough...I just splurged for 3 of them...the current ones were purchased last sept......they come in white and ummm white! but I love them!
http://www.herroom.com/Fancee-Free-Soft-Cup-Full-Figure-Bra,FF001-94301,4.html

·
Registered
140 Posts
firefly81 said:
i use baby powder during the day and at night i will put on some of the medicated powder (like gold bond but the cheaper stuff) it seems to help any heat rash heel a little faster but i will let you know it will burn for a couple minutes then it cools and feels great. we have been balling hay latelly at it is the only way i am making it.
Ditto here. It generally only burns when I am broke out so I try to make sure that I catch it just before I get to that point when using the medicated powder. I also use medicated during the day if I have broken out.

I am wearing a DD but probably ought to be in a DDD so sweating is a major issue in the heat. Even when not broke out, I use baby powder and sometimes even antiperspirant (sp) if I know I will be extra sweaty. I have fought the fungus issue before and if you don't get it healed with an antifungal cream, it will come back.

The biggest thing to remember is that prevention and being proactive is the key because having to react to a rash means life has already become very uncomfortable.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Ladies, When you develope a rash, heal it by rubing Nuper Cainal for Hemroids on it. If it is just an irritation use corn starch. This works for Jock itch Irritation. Jay

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
If elastic touches my skin for prolonged times or in hot weather I get a rash and welting. I am allergic to powder and deodorant too. My solution was to take soft cotton diaper material and cover the band area of my all cotton bras. I think the cotton gauze would work the same.

And thanks for the shopping link RachAnn!

Halo

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
This thread is going to give Muskrat nightmares! :D

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one. I will try the fungicide. Thanks to everyone who suggested it. Nothing else has ever worked and I usually have a rash all summer.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Try to get a fungicidal powder (the kind used on babies' bottoms) rather than a cream. Also, continue to use it for several weeks after the infection has cleared up - one tiny little spore left, and you'll have to start all over again.

After showering, use your hairdryer to thoroughly dry the area before you apply the fungicide.

Try not to use soap when you have a fungal infection. Use something like Sorbolene if you're not allergic to it, or Aqueous Cream, both of which help to moisturise the area and to get the pH of the skin back to normal. They foam up well, just like soap, but are much gentler on the skin.

Wear cotton bras if possible, not synthetic fabrics. Also, have a proper bra-fitting - I know Gravity is the enemy of generously-endowed women, but well-fitting bra helps us to be a little more outstanding, as does good posture.

Don't forget to use a clean towel each day (those spores will spread!), and put a few drops of ti-tree oil (melaleuca) in the final rinse water just to make sure you've killed off those spores. Ditto with bras and other clothing that comes into contact with the area. Dry these items outside in the sun.

A bit of topless sunbathing will also help (on a slight head-down incline)!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Mom got me some microfiber bras and I've not had that problem. Microfiber absorbs sweat and dries quickly. I've really loved having these bras.

Also stopping in front of a fan and hoisting up my boobs so they can cool off helps too.

I'm a DD so I know your pain lol.

Kat

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm a DDD. I got some bras for about $3 each from lane bryant last fall. ( I got 16 of 'em because it about kills me to spend $30-$40 for a bra) Some of them are cotton and they're GREAT for hot weather! I also use Cruex if I get a rash like that, it's for jock itch, clears up the stuff with a couple of applications!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts