Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF ya would, take a look at my bailer pics. Do you think I could get by without that apron on the table if I replaced it with a piece of stainless steel? I could run it up to near the knife on the chamber side, and put a curl in it to go over the roller on the outside end side. The auger would still be doing its job. Whaddia think. Im getting tired of fooling with that apron every year.

·
Premium Member
25,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul, if you go to where I sent ASeth, and hes never replied back, youll find the pics at the bottom of the set. Its a 50s 140 W Case bailer.

·
Premium Member
25,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paul, you can see vids of it being used on U Tubes. Just type in Case 140 W Hay Bailer. I didn't see one of the table apron. OTHER than the ones I have, but its right under the auger, and under the hay.

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts
Look at, Elkie these are for you.
I see. This didnt make any sense to me, after reading messages I stumbled upon that thread and saw your baler in that thread. I didn't realize you were listing a subject title.....

Edit: forgot, I'm not any help to you, never been around one of those balers. Seems redundant to have the auger and the belt, but not sure what they were doing there?

Paul

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
in the video it looks as if the belt works with the big roller to feed the chamber. I'd be afraid that the chamber wouldn't fill properly and the hay won't feed easily beyond the auger and won't fill the chamber properly.

·
Premium Member
25,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
U don't think that the hay that the auger is feeding into the roller wouldn't push ahead the hay into the roller. Theres a spiral flange welded onto the roller 1in out. The auger is around about 1ft from the roller.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
no I think it would ball up between the two. I'm sure some would go but it wouldn't be an even feed and that is what you need when baling.
And it looks like the belt and roller work together to get the hay into the chamber. With only one working it would be iffy there as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts