:no: After posting about getting the CMPK from the vet. I went out to check my doe which was with the others but not far from the barn eating. I noticed a string of clear mucus and that her udder was even larger. I got all the things for kidding ready and got a load of hedges since our daily walk was out of the picture. Sheba ate little of her grain and complained the whole time by picking up her bowl and shaking it around. This is something she does for a couple of days before kidding. She was strong as I led he to the kidding room, but had fluid dripping of the mucus which was clear. At about 6PM. she started having mild contractions then would stop. Her ligiments were not thined out and told my wife that it would be a long night. She is always slow to kid 10:30PM to about 1AM. All that I could think of was being 3 weeks early that this was a through the fence breeding or possible mischarrage. Took a chair down and waited and waited. She was taking so long. I went to the house off and on, but she would cry for me so I stayed with her. At 2:30AM we shared an apple. She dug up the whole barn making beds. Finally she had about four hard pains and her water broke. This was at 4:30AM. About an hour later their was a small bubble, but no feet or nose. She didn't seem to push. All seemed quite different from our other births. She seemed to be ok, but no kids. She had so much fluid when her water broke and water kept trinkling out for a long time after. She was almost as large as last year when she had triplets. I thought about this being a cloud burst preg. She got up after a while and looked as though she had kidded. I called the vet. and of corse he couldn't see her till 1PM. :no: Five hours later. He went in and felt something so we took her in and gased her and was able to go in and bring out one dead premature buck kid. Ex-rayed her and saw no other signs of kids. She was given different medications and after bringing her home, she stoped and ate some bambo leaves on the way to the barn and seems to be doing ok except doesn't want me to leave her. I milked over a quart out of her, but did leave some in each side. She had not uddered up as usual and don't think it was as yellow and thick as colustrum(still early?). She still didn't eat much of her feed, but did eat quite a bit of hedge and honneysuckle and later ate some sunflower seeds and I gave her 2 vit. C tablets. I slept about 30min. last night and rested for an hour before going to the vet. so we are both worn out. Of corse this was my only breding to the POTF buck that went back home after nearly two years. Just hope my girl does ok. Will go check her one more time, then bath and bed for me. (No :no: :no: more kidding about Motherclucker sleeping in the barn.) It's no fun. At least it was only in the low 50's here last night. Any thoughts or suggestions of what she may need for the next few days? Maybe something for pain? The vet. said that I could come back in a few days and he would give me something to give her if I thought necessary. Thanks for listening.