1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
46 Posts
Listening to NPR this morning they stated that the FED is starting quantitave easing and have allready printed 1 trillion dollars ,
Actually, that's a little inaccurate, as there's no way they could have printed $1 trillion worth of cash by now. But they don't even need to do that anymore - the cash they're "printing" is all created digitally by adjusting the computerized bank balances. Doesn't that make you feel confident?

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
Oh yeah, computerized "money tree", they don't even need paper anymore, just create "e-dollars" and devalue our FRNs at the same time.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
But inflation is tomorrow's problem. Let's play kick the can.

How did we get here? How did these geniuses become the "leaders?"

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
How did we get here? How did these geniuses become the "leaders?"
And why do we tolerate this? Why do we tolerate our elected officials ignoring the voice of the people? That's the thing that burns me up the most....to be so arrogant to think we can't figure this carp out, that we don't have enough sense to see the cliff we're about to fall off. :grit:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the first week of December, that expansion of the monetary base had jumped to a staggering 76% rate in just 3 months. It has gone from $836 billion in December 2007 when the crisis appeared contained, to $1,479 billion in December 2008, an explosion of 76% year-on-year. Moreover, until September 2008, the month of the Lehman Brothers collapse, the Federal Reserve had held the expansion of the Monetary Base virtually flat. The 76% expansion has almost entirely taken place within the past three months, which implies an annualized expansion rate of more than 300%.
http://caps.fool.com/blogs/viewpost.aspx?bpid=119784&t=01006124249416869148

Greenback toast anyone ?

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
And why do we tolerate this? Why do we tolerate our elected officials ignoring the voice of the people? That's the thing that burns me up the most....to be so arrogant to think we can't figure this carp out, that we don't have enough sense to see the cliff we're about to fall off. :grit:
FALL off?!?! More like PUSHED OFF!!

Kathleen

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
And why do we tolerate this? Why do we tolerate our elected officials ignoring the voice of the people? That's the thing that burns me up the most....to be so arrogant to think we can't figure this carp out, that we don't have enough sense to see the cliff we're about to fall off.
Why should the elected officials, SCOTUS, or POTUS listen to us? Heck, we can't even get the incoming prez to show his birth certificate. Since the SCOTUS or any other fed judge is willing to force BO to prove his eligibility, then the Constitution no longer applies because the US is no more. This means that the several states are, once again, several states. If the Constitution doesn't apply to prez elects, the POTUS, or the SCOTUS then it no longer applies to anyone else either.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
. . ."Why do we tolerate this" . . .

Still waiting for a good logical answer.............
Because the majority are just plain apathetic (or just don't care). (IK, means the same thing)

·
Banned
6,042 Posts
The Fed just shot their last bullet at the beast. If this doesn't work. They are toast along with the life you have known. Prep for the major devaluation that is coming. Get done. The time is getting late, the sun is setting.

Things that will be worthless.....
Money
Stocks
bonds
anything that requires capital to buy Cars,homes,ect.

Things that will have value
Food
clothing
shelter
basically what we try to do for ourselves here on homesteading today.

Things that may or may not have value
Precious metals
certain consumables like entertainment.

·
I am good without god.
858 Posts
Would quantitative easing be another one of those fancy phrases like credit default swaps? I have to ask because to me it seems like complex phrases for doing things which make larger and larger messes.

·
Banned
6,042 Posts
Would quantitative easing be another one of those fancy phrases like credit default swaps? I have to ask because to me it seems like complex phrases for doing things which make larger and larger messes.
Nope,

It meaning is simple...... Printing money from nothing. Out of thin air. Digi-dollar creation.

Basically what the Fed. is gonna do is have the treasury make bonds. They will then create money to buy the bond. Then the government gets the cash. :clap::clap::clap:

So think of it like this, The treasury is the government.
The Fed. is a bank, the creator of cash.

The government is gonna avoid taxes and just print some.:dance::dance::dance:

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Why do we tolerate this?

There are not enough people who care enough to put the lives of themselves and their families at risk like the founding fathers did. Changing where we are headed will never occur at the ballot box, the recent election cycles have proven that. The government is increasingly becoming it's own entity, no longer controlled by the people.

The only folks who may see what is happening more clearly are older, and sadly, they are held hostage through the greatest ponzi scheme ever created - social security. Everything some have is tied up in it.

The old tale of the frog and boiling water comes to mind. If you put a frog in boiling water, he will promptly jump out. But if you put him in cold, and turn up the heat, he will stay put until cooked. Similarly, things may not seem to be to the boiling point today, but comparatively speaking, how close are we to being cooked? And by the time the majority realizes the danger, can they even jump - or will it just be their lives flashing before them........

·
I am good without god.
858 Posts
Nope,

It meaning is simple...... Printing money from nothing. Out of thin air. Digi-dollar creation.

Basically what the Fed. is gonna do is have the treasury make bonds. They will then create money to buy the bond. Then the government gets the cash. :clap::clap::clap:

So think of it like this, The treasury is the government.
The Fed. is a bank, the creator of cash.

The government is gonna avoid taxes and just print some.:dance::dance::dance:

I was being sarcastic, but that is ok. I am implying that both are shell games and sleigh of hand to fix problems rather than trying to be based in rational actions to the problems.

Either way, it is imaginary actions that cause real world problems or make existing problems worse.

·
Registered
665 Posts
. . ."Why do we tolerate this" . . .

We tolerate this, for now at least, because we have little choice. The vast majority of the population ARE like those frogs sitting in the pot. All we can do is get out of the pot and find some remote quiet little pond where can hopefully rebuild the population.

Those of us that do survive will be in a much better position to decide what we will or will not tolerate.

:soap:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts