Quality time with the boys

Discussion in 'Goats' started by GoldenWood Farm, Jul 2, 2006.

1. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

*sigh*....I just love spending quality time with my boys :D . Lol I just spent the last 45 minutes washing and then brushing dry my 2 year old La Mancha buck. He loved every minute of it (the washing as it was hot and the brushing dry because of the brushing). So now he just glimmers in the sunlight :D .

Even though they sometimes get stinky and disgusting I still love em :D . Any of you gals ever just go out and start brushing the boys or give em a bath and brush them afterwards?

MotherClucker

2. Faithful Heart

Faithful Heart Well-Known Member

I'm totally missing close time with my little billy! He's so cute and sweet, but my husband is afraid that if he's "too tame" that he'll be a problem later. And I hear that so often from others that have goat. The - been there, done that - thing.

But I miss him. :Bawling: I want to take him for walks, and brush him, and rub his neck, and kiss his face. :angel: (sigh)

We need to get a doe..... FOR ME! LOL Maybe we'd all be happy if we got a doe. I'd have one to spoil, and the little buck would have someone to nuzzle too. I can tell he's lonely, and REALLY expecting me to come play with him. He was mad at me today. (Could be imagining things, but that's how it seemed.) He was doing alot of pawing at the ground at me. Normally when I go out to the barn I just go right to him and love on him. But since the "boys will be boys" incident, I've only been rubbing his head and neck for a second when I feed him. So it seems when he cries now he's saying... That was not NEARLY enough attention!!

What to do, what to do.

3. GoatLove

GoatLove Well-Known Member

You know, I have never washed my wethers before! I would love to give it a try. How do you go about washing them? What kind of shampoo do you use?