Pyrenees LGD Pups ready to go 8/13-Missouri

Discussion in 'Goats' started by ozark_jewels, Aug 2, 2006.

1. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

Pups will be ready to go the 13th of August. They will be 8 weeks old then. They were born in the goat barn and have never left the goat pasture since. There are 5 available that are not spoken for. Sire and dam are excellent guardian dogs. Pups are already showing the same tendencies. UTD on shots and worming. Need working homes. Most have badger markings, though there is one white female still available. $100 apiece. Full Great Pyrenees, no papers. Puppy pictures were taken a week ago. Located in the Mountain Grove, Mo area.

Pups:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Boris their sire is 1-1/2 years old. Still growing and is going to be a big boy.

[​IMG]

Jill is their dam and is also just 1-1/2 years old.

[​IMG]

2. HeatherDriskill

HeatherDriskill Well-Known Member

Have you had the parents hips/eyes tested? I know you can't do the hips fully until they are 2 years old, but maybe you have had pin hip test done? I may be interested (they are cute!). I made the mistake of buying a lab whose parents hips and elbows weren't certified and now I am quite leary of that situation.

3. ozark_jewels

Nope, not certified. I have seen their parents, grandparents and great-grandparents. All are fine and healthy with no genetic weaknesses.

4. silvergirl

silvergirl Well-Known Member

We would be interested in the full white female - although I need to confirm with my husband who is at work right now - we have been looking for a Great Pyrrannees to hang out with our George who is a lonely not so little bachelor... and he is also white (with just an odd patch of cream on his back...) Let me know if the little one is still available... She would have a loving home and be a working guardian dog, as she grows up...

5. ozark_jewels

Hi, she is still available at this moment, but that could change pretty quickly. The females always sell first. Let me know asap if you want to speak for her. Thanks for the interest. :)

6. silvergirl

Yay! Hubby is thrilled - I thought he would be because George is his first dog ever and he loves him to pieces - he can hardly wait to see the pictures of our new baby girl!!! So, we definitely want her - now the question becomes how to bring baby home when she is ready to leave her siblings... We are in North Carolina, which is a very hard day's drive to Missouri - any thoughts on transport?

7. ozark_jewels

Hmmm.....I'm not able to transport to meet you....just too busy this time of year with milking, working and a few shows to prepare for.....don't know of anyone heading your direction either.....got any ideas from your direction??

8. Milk n' Honey

Milk n' Honey Well-Known Member

Uh, would you send them on a plane? It would actually be cheaper to do that than it would be to drive to get them.

9. rranch

rranch Well-Known Member

If you are interested in sending a little one by plane, I sure would love to have one. But if its too much of a hassle never be. They sure are adorable. I just lost my LGD to cancer. miss him terribly, but will find something. when the right little one comes along i'll know:)

10. canadianmandy

canadianmandy Certified Animallover!

I have a tip.. If you are going to fly them fly with Delta. That way the ppl who are buying the puppy pay delta directly and you dont have to worry about false checks and the money coming out of your pocket. (not that anyone here would do it) I shipped a 15 pound puppy from Ava Missouri to Delware for 170. And to others with uship.com for 170 for both to go to virginia.

11. canadianmandy

canadianmandy Certified Animallover!

o I will get the phone number for delta if anyone wants it ... its the pet extension....

12. Milk n' Honey

Milk n' Honey Well-Known Member

Guess I started something.....LOL

13. ozark_jewels

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I have looked into shipping by air but just can't this time of year. They won't ship unless its under 85*. And we don't see that this time of year! If you have a small vehicle that doesn't guzzle the fuel....its probably going to be around the same price to ship after getting health papers, buying a crate and so forth, as it would be to drive and get one. Thanks for the thought. :)

14. silvergirl

Hi, there... I will check into some different kinds of transport options - I am hopeful I can come up with something... If I pay for her in advance, would you hold her for me for a short time? maybe some weeks after we buy her? I am sure I can work something out in time... Thanks!

15. ozark_jewels

Yes, If she is paid for, I can hold her. No problem. May require a bit for dogfood depending on how long I hold her for. :) You can send me a money order or I can also take Paypal if you do that.

16. Disco Paul

Disco Paul Well-Known Member

Hi Emily,
    Have enjoyed reading some of your different articles. Just wondering where you are located at. I'm up in southern Minnesota.
    Paul

17. ozark_jewels

Hi Paul, glad I could supply you with some (hopefully entertaining) reading. :) I live in the mid-southern area of Missouri. The rolling hills and pastureland. Love it!

18. ozark_jewels

Thanks for all the interest. Pups are all spoken for. I will repost if a sale falls through!!