Pygmy goat wanted

Discussion in 'Goats' started by goatchops, Sep 4, 2005.

1. goatchops

goatchops Well-Known Member

hey, my daughter is interested in 4-h and needs a pygmy goat doe. she prefers a white one. it must have been on solid foods(hay, grain, ect.) for about 4 days. also, i will only buy from people in redding,CA, red bluff, CA, klamath falls, Oregon, or medford, oregon.

Thanks

2. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

Hi there, How come all the odd restrictions? A white pygmy goat? That's not even a sanctioned color for pygmies, is it? Only from certain cities? Are you looking for certain, particular breeders in those cities? Only eating solid food for 4 days? That's not long enough anyway, far too early to wean if they've only been nibbling solids for 4 days. It's kinda hard to help when the request is so strange. Any further information you can give will help us help you.

3. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

a white pygmy will be very hard to come by indeed, especially if you are looking for a registered one; white is myth with registered breeders. i do have an unregistered white doe, but she's not for sale, lol!
    she is the only purebred white pygmy i have ever seen. also, there is no such thing as a pure white pygmy. they will always have a colored dorsal stripe, a colored spot between the horns, and colored belly markings. if you find a breeder selling a purebred pygmy that is completely white, ask to see it's parents. ask if they have any other breed bucks on thier land or had any at the time they bred the doe. it may be a crossbreed if it doesnt have the pygmy markings.

4. goatchops

goatchops Well-Known Member

accually, nver mind.....we found a breeder:p