Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
AFKA ZealYouthGuy
11,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've been watching the market. The past two days... DOWN 300+ points until right around 230ish each day... and then up.

Still would like to know when the government is buying stocks. (I know some folks insist they aren't but I haven't seen anything saying that it used to be illegal for them to do, but the bailout changed that.)

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
I cannot figure out what is going on with the markets lately! It will go up by 300 points when all the news coming out is bad. I am just glad I am not in it! I feel for folks who have paid into these 401K's and may end up losing all they put in.

Sherry in Ga

·
AFKA ZealYouthGuy
11,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't work today. It was in the green until about 3:30 when the floor fell out.

.....Alan.
Ah yes, but it still plays into my tinfoil conspiracy theory. I think the government thinks it will quell the market, but in reality I think that it will unsettle people more, not knowing why the market goes up with nothing but bad economic news being reported.

·
Registered
293 Posts
yesterday ended well but i think people are really nervous about holding over the weekend.

i keep watching a natural gas stock and almost bought some yesterday. glad i waited as its back down again today. the market is bottoming out and appears to be trying to find some base but its just not holding.

nothing is stabilizing yet

·
Level II -Inappropriate
3,158 Posts
Plunge Protection Team

From what I have read from different sources, the Dow will bottom out in the mid to upper 5's.

·
Banned
486 Posts
ITs the end of the month. Gotta cover them shorts. Plus a lot of institutional buying and selling on real time quotes. haven't seen the volume today but that tells a little

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
I think that the government intends to gain enough leverage in the market to control the movement of the market, completely. Thus this operation can be used as a new form of taxation without raising taxes.

Think it through.

It seems pretty obvious that the bankers are controlling and directing the government, ours and the rest of the world as well. The FED is owned by the "member banks", and they are the source of our money. So with the FED telling the government what to do and how to do it, I think You ain't seen nothin' yet. A year ago few people even knew what a derivitive was. An awful lot of folks still don't.

Stand by for total control. Your retirement plan goes down in value so you never get to retire. The dollar goes mad, and it will take all you can make to survive.

There will be two groups of people that will be, Bankers and; indentured servants that are owned by the Bankers.:croc:

·
Mountaineers are free
945 Posts
There will be two groups of people that will be, Bankers and; indentured servants that are owned by the Bankers.
Nope there will be three groups of people...

The two you listed above and then there is...

Those who invested in precious metals, such as, Copper, Lead and Brass.... Uhhhh is gunpowder a precious metal? :lonergr:

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Nope there will be three groups of people...

The two you listed above and then there is...

Those who invested in precious metals, such as, Copper, Lead and Brass.... Uhhhh is gunpowder a precious metal? :lonergr:
Strange that you do not mention Gold or Silver but, you do mention the essential metals needed to build a still. I guess that it is all about marketing:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts