Purina rabbit chow sale at Tractor Supply.

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by a7736100, Apr 2, 2018.

1. a7736100

a7736100 Well-Known Member

It's the lowest price I've found on 50 pound bags. Under $15 for Complete and around $16 for show. Don't know how long they're on sale.

2. Ray

Ray Well-Known Member

hi, I used to use Purina farms, but switched years ago when i found they had animal protein in the feed? Bovine? at the time? if I recall? I switched to a feed also made by them. country acres rabbit. several kinds? because at the time is stated NO Animal protein! in the feed! I called them and they said NO animal protein? But?? now the bag states No Bovine animal protein? I called them again and couldn't get a definitive answer?? but must assume!! that No Bovine protein! means just that no cow parts used? but some animal protein is now in the country acres rabbit feed? but they would not say what?? I am not the happiest about this! but I know of NO commercial Rabbit feed that doesn't contain animal protein? any where? at least I haven,t been able to find it? unless you feed natural grains and sprouts, and such? which would be best? in my mind? but I'm too far gone to start raising sprouts n such for a rabbitry! that's a job in itself! I do love sprouting seeds for salads n such! most wonderful!! But my constitution won't allow it now! and I never had time before to do enough for my rabbitry!! just seen your sale post. and thought I'd throw in some tidbit I had learned over the years? best wishes!! ray

3. a7736100

I also use the cheaper Country Acres but bought 4 bags of Purina because the sale makes them a few dollars cheaper at least till the sale ends. I switched from Purina when the price increased over the years from around $10 to over $18. I actually spend more on rabbit feed than on groceries.

4. a7736100

Wanted to get more today but the sale is over.

5. crittermomma

crittermomma Well-Known Member

We buy Heinold feed from a supplier for just over $11 per 50 lb bag! If we have to pay more than that for feed - it is just not good for our rabbit business.