Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 7-month-old Cavalier puppy swallowed a small, smooth button. She's about 12 to 13 pounds. Couldn't get it out of her mouth in time. Is this a concern? I called the vet. It is after hours, and the emergency service hasn't called back yet. The button was small, about 3/8 inch, and smooth.

T

·
0 Posts
Most likely, it will pass. If she starts vomiting or refuses food or strains to poop, you might want to call the Vet... But I bet it comes out in the other end just fine.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I am not a puppy, but in my day, I have swallowed all sorts of nickles, dimes and quarters. Never have seen the evidence of any of these on exit, but I have had many x-rays and CT scans and there does not seem to be any evidence left inside. I reckon it will all come out in the end. I am sure your puppy will be fine.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She passed it. The next morning she vomited a bit, but it was kind of clear, no food. Vet said as long as she wasn't vomiting food, she should pass it later that day, and she did. It was kind of funny though that dh hollered for me, that he thought she had blood in her stool. I went out and inspected the little turd and started laughing. It was apple peel. After smooshing the turd, found the button.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts