Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this would be most applicable here I'm using a pulley system to fit up a heavy old stove.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I keep a block and tackle with 1/2 rope behind the seat of my truck. I have used it for everything from lifting a log, to squaring up a old building. Never leave home without it.

Reactions: damoc

·
Registered
108 Posts
Crazy memory: it was time to get the wood burner into the house. Quadra-Fire, cast iron and fire brick lined. One heavy son-of-a-gun and I'm by myself and there are no neighbors. One person can pull and slide it along a few inches at a time. The deck, steps and railings were done and I couldn't get the backhoe/loader close enough to help. It was still on the factory shipping pallet so I made a ramp to winch it up the steps onto the deck.

Winch? I wonder? Got the ATV on the other side of the house and spooled out the winch cable through a window, across the room with a tow strap extending out the front door, down my ramp and around the wood burner. Had to keep running back and forth to keep the unit on the ramp and to get it over the door threshold without ruining it. But a few hours later it was in place. Whew.

Have more than a few stories about completing a task alone.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Invention is the mother of necessity.....Good story JRH

·
Registered
108 Posts
Invention is the mother of necessity.....Good story JRH
I can't help it and have to say - the first two likes and a response are from gals. Who else would respond to a DIY post like this?

Ladies are the masters of innovation. Period.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts