Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been keeping bees for 2 years now and this was our first year we have gotten to harvest any.

We got 7 quarts from the 5 medium frames that we pulled. I was so excited and it was more than I expected.

Rachel

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We hope to get more next year. We have 2 hives, one is much smaller but still doing good, it should make it through the winter. The other one, the one we harvested from, is from a nuc we got this spring and they are doing fantastic. Nice strong hive. When we put a new super on it about a month ago they had it completely drawn out in less than two weeks.

Rachel

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
matt_man said:
We have been keeping bees for 2 years now and this was our first year we have gotten to harvest any.

We got 7 quarts from the 5 medium frames that we pulled. I was so excited and it was more than I expected.
Congratulations! Now you need some small bottles or jars and you'll have a bunch of Christmas presents ready!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.