pull start...craftman trimmer

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by MELOC, Jul 26, 2006.

1. MELOC

MELOC Master Of My Domain

well, since i replaced the diaphram, this trimmer has been running pretty good. unfortunately, the plastic pull starter pulley has broken and just spins around. the "ears" or tabs that engage the motor have sheared off and it needs replaced.

i have two older string trimmers, and being frugal i would like to try to salvage a pulley from them. one is an older weed wacker brand and one is a heap ryan.

before i rip them apart, are the pullies fairly generic and maybe compatable or should i not even bother and just go and buy one?

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Interchanging brands parts is a can of worms, about all you can do is compare both pieces, side by side. Maybe each are compatible, maybe not; without the parts in our hands and under our eyes we cannot say.

3. MELOC

many pulls for other things are fairly generic, that is why i bothered to ask if anyone had particular experience with trimmers. if i bothered to tear the old ones apart, i could easily see for myself.

4. MELOC

i was lucky to find the part i needed locally. i also found a link to sears parts online...

http://www3.sears.com/

just in the event someone else needs what i needed, a pull start assembly or pully, the part number is 150-372.