Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I love boobies
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Year twelve on my off-grid Montana homestead is a year of change. The 16,000FT2 garden is doing great. The alternative energy system is working flawlessly, I'm finishing the last details on the house... and I'm bored. There's no more challenge.

When the water system pressure switch failed and ruptured a line under three feet of frozen ground it took just a few days to find a solution to get 90% efficiency back and then just a few weeks to find the leak, rebuild the pump and be back online. Hah, what happened to the challenges that brought on the old cold sweats when realized that you were screwed, like properly?

Anyways it was time for something challenging again so I bought a little fruit farm tucked way up in the mountains in Puerto Rico. I'm still keeping my Montana homestead, but she pretty much takes care of herself.

I'm sure it'll take awhile to get used to not building fires two hundred days of the year, and planting consisting of haphazardly throwing seeds around, but I'm guessing that time will be used to learn about plant viruses and pests. Things I've never had to worry about, if you don't count the deer, elk, and moose that would try to raid my garden.

Anyways I'm new to Puerto Rico and tropical farming and wondering if anyon
KIMG0026.JPG
e else on here is from around the Las Marias PR area.

M

·
I love boobies
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rincon is almost as close and is very much like the mainland since surfing bums took it over after the championship in '68.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts