Psoriasis

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Junkman, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Junkman

Junkman Junkman

In our local newspaper a Dr. Gott wrote about a man that had a terrible case of psoriasis! It seems he was in agony one night and went to the lavatory to apply some alcohol (or something) and in error, in the dark picked up the bottle of Lestoil his wife had left on the sink when she was cleaning. He poured it on a washcloth and applied it to his arms. He reported it instantly quit itching! Well, my friend read this and suffering terribly with this problem on her arms and legs, tried it. She called tonight and said, "Tell everyone you know about this, as it quit itching immediately and has almost cleared up my skin." She went on to say she told her doctor and he said, " if it works, use it, it can't hurt." Take it for what it is worth!! :shrug:

2. zookeeper16

zookeeper16 Karaoke Queen

I have psoriasis but thankfully it doesn't itch. But I'm curious.....what is Lestoil?

3. Peacock

Peacock writing some wrongs Supporter

Lestoil is a very bad-smelling cleaning product, sort of like Pine Sol but much stinkier. Works great on stains, though.

My mom has psoriasis and has tried EVERYTHING but the one thing that finally worked was for her to move out of her house! It began 40+ years ago when she moved in. For the past 2 years she's been in a condo and it's cleared up. Weird.

I thought I had it too, but turned out it was athlete's foot. :)

4. Jenn

Jenn Well-Known Member Supporter

Lestoil has pine innit, doesn't it? Coal tar helps psoriasis, mabe pine tar also?

5. reese

reese Well-Known Member

We use PINETAR SOAP for our excema with great results. Maybe that's the componate that is working. I personally wouldn't use a harsh cleaning product on my skin, but that's me. reese

6. Westwood

Westwood Well-Known Member

I tried Lestoil but it didn't work for me. Have heard from other people it did though. So try it, nothing to lose.

7. FeralFemale

FeralFemale Bitter Clinger

I have eczema and emu oil cleared it up. I've had it for, oh, I guess going on 3 years on my hands, ankles and shins. I've been using emu oil for a week and it's almost all gone. I could even tell the difference in one use.

Lestoil is a lot cheaper, though. I'll have to give it a try.

8. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

I had it BAD on the soles of both feet. Turns out I am mildly allergic to a common incredient in most laundry soaps. It, and a damp environment inside shoes, created the problem. I switched to washing my socks separately in very mild dishwashing liquid and it went away within days. When I have a mild flare up I can usually tract it to either new socks or ones which went in with a regular laundry load by mistake.

Apparently psoriasis can be triggered by an allergic reaction.

9. auntieemu

auntieemu Well-Known Member

10. papaw

papaw Well-Known Member

Dashley and I make a simple soap and our best customers say it clears up their skin problems including psoriasis. Maybe it's something we leave out or something "store bought" soaps add, but it works. Making soap tomorrow if anybody needs any :) It takes about 3 to 4 weeks to cure.