Homesteading Forum banner

Prose to Appreciate???

605 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  chickflick 
#1 ·
I thought of putting this in Gen Chat.. but not up to it... You guys might be more ...??? Understanding. If you read.. you'll get it.. Comments are welcome. It's been a long day.. just when I was starting to feel good again.... THIS:
Please read the following as "prose". IF you read at all.. read it slowly.. one line at a time.. as written, and mostly monotone:

Wow.

What a day.

I am numb.

*raises eyebrow*

Eminent doman. Always hated those words. Just means stealing someone's
property/home for usage by the "man". Is there no place safe from 'him'?

tears

fears

what about my puppies?

and my horses?

do they deserve to suffer loosing their home? to be shuffeled around like ... ha... 'cattle'.

If ya don't like the "offer" of payment for 'usage' and 'easement' .. then the attornies will finish you off.. THEY win.. no matter what.

Guess I can get used to the idea of power lines on my property. Right behind the pond.. stretching and glimmering in the sun.... all day... from east to west... a beautiful shimmering reminder of everything I HATE.

Now won't that be fun?

I told the 'man' ... the power company man.. that the only way 'paperwork' would be acceptable at this point, is a check for oh.. say $140K to make up for my loss; which IS complete.. TOTAL.. etc. How will I ever sell.. who would choose power lines over pristine beauty?

I didn't.

Maybe some would...

but not many.

My loss.. if I stay

or if I sell.

He is going to call again soon to bring papers for me to sign to allow the 'preliminary' surveyors on my property, but also stating that I in no way approve or agree to the proposal and that OTHER arrangements will have to be made...

for the 'power to the people'.

I'm not against electricity. I am against my choices and my freedom to live as I please and HAVE PAID to live being striken away like I'm a piece of sh*t. And if you've ever paid attention to this sort of thing.. THAT is how is always turns out. People/Sheeple/Sh*t. It's all the same to 'him'.

On the other hand... IF he wants to write me a big fat check for $140K.. I could be okay. I could be here and ??? elsewhere... IF elsewhere Exists.

But do I have the time or energy to find it in my latter years.

With my infirmities.

With my mistrust of it happening again.

I guess I'll just cease to be me.

Be 'Zen".

Imagine. It's easy if you try.

Maybe Thorazine.

Or Prozac.

Or .... Vicoden.

Yes.. that should do it.

Zombie Nation.

Now I see why it works.

You can't fight city hall.

You can't fight at all.

Unless you have the money.

And then.. 'he' gets that too.

Thanks for reading and hope I offended none.

See less See more
#4 ·
This is a real crock that they are doing this. Why can't they run the power lines underground? Oh, I KNOW, it costs more, that's what they told us in Montana when we suddenly had them to look at, but in some ways it saves, they don't get taken out in storms.

I'm really sorry. Why on earth do you think anyone would be offended by this? Offended yes, but FOR you, not AT you.

Wish I were queen of Texas sometimes, I fixit all up for you!

Take care,
hollym

#5 ·
" told the 'man' ... the power company man.. that the only way 'paperwork' would be acceptable at this point, is a check for oh.. say $140K to make up for my loss; which IS complete.. TOTAL.. etc. How will I ever sell.. who would choose power lines over pristine beauty? "

I came back to the forum today to check in on where I left off. Just to let you all know who were nice enough to care and comment:

The answer to the above quote: People from CALIFORNIA!! THEY don't care about the maybe power line and I'm now FREE!! I got rid of EVERYTHING.. except for a bit of furniture to move to my hubby's Houston house. Now.. I'm Free to roam and run around the country in my little 'pretend RV' and write a book.

Hope you all can help me out, but that's a future post!!:):)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.