Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Going through some surgeries so not on much. I have a new auto shift riding mower. It is terrific..no sshifting for my bad arm! :happy2:

The instructions say to use only "CLEAR" gas in this new one. So I drove into town to a place which sells it and filled my six 2 gal cans. Then I was close to being out and company came.

They very nicely took my cans into town and had them filled with gas but at the gas station. Not knowing that I had been using the Clear stuff. My nice company says no need to use that Clear Gas, regular car gas is fine?

So am I OK using the regular car gas in my new riding mower? I sure don't want to mess it up as I mow 2 1/2 acres.

Thanks from LQ and the new Cattle Dog boy OnTheGo Benjamin Blue

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
I switched to "clear" for all my power equipment, new and old. Seems to run cooler with more power. Plus i won't have the storage problems with ethanol/gas.

Never heard of new equipment requiring it, but if it did, that's what I'd use.

·
de oppresso liber
16,876 Posts
Sta-bil makes an additive which will allow you to safely use ethanol gasoline.

·
Born in the wrong Century
5,439 Posts
worst case you pull the bowl on your carb...

Currently I'm running gas from the early eighty's that was in a motor coach I scrapped.

No stabil as far as I know...

I do need to though a shot of new gas in the carb on a cold start but once warmed up I can turn it off and restart no problem.

After 4-6 tanks I do need to pull the plug and give it a clean.

I did not know what else to do with two full tanks.

Can only start so many fires...

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Reg gas will work OK . . . . . . . . BUT when it is time to put the thing up for the winter make sure that you have run ALL of the gas containing alcohol out of it, and store it with the "clear" gas in the tank. Even better if you use PRI-G in the gas.
PRI-G is much better than Stabil. Seafoam is another good additive.......

Gas with alcohol goes stinky real fast and really mucks up small engine fuel systems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts