propane prices Jan. '05

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by whiterock, Jan 3, 2005.

1. whiterock

whiterock Well-Known Member Supporter

The route man filled my tank this afternoon. $ 1.869 / gal.

2. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

..........I've got 20% left in my 500 gallon tank . I'm TOO scared to call the local gas company that I do businrss with here in North central texas. I only fillup once ayear and they will usually let me pay the cost out over 90 days . To get the Best( :waa: ) price I have to purchase 150 gallons which is really more than I want so "ll just hang on thru the end of this month and see what the gas gauge says ... fordy.. :)

3. GoldenMom

GoldenMom Well-Known Member

Got my 500 gallon tank filled (with 438 gallons!!!!) on Dec. 13. It cost about $1.10/gallon (I was very happily surprised). It was about $.90 in mid-July. If I can afford it, I'm going to try contracting 500 gallons next summer for winter delivery. All I can say is THANK GOD for corn furnances!

4. Steve in Ohio

Steve in Ohio Well-Known Member

The company I deal with offers a contract price in July,so this year we locked in at 1.37 which is an Ag. rate here with no tax.But heating greenhouses when its real cold like last week really burns some propane....................and today it's almost 60 deg...................

5. rainesridgefarm

rainesridgefarm Well-Known Member

just got 347 gallons here in N. IL and we are at $1.44 a gallon