Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Tim Cook (Apple CEO) felt the need to publicly declare that he is a homosexual. Tim Cook Speaks Up

But here's the bizarre part; he also claims that individuals shouldn't be defined by their sexual orientation.

Okay. Then why do homosexuals feel the need to publicly broadcast their sexual orientation, when nobody really cares? :confused:

And then he goes on to claim that Apple has long advocated for 'human rights and equality for all'.

Really????

I guess the trick work here is 'advocate', which, in this case, means to make grand speeches about it but don't actually DO anything about it but turn a blind eye when your company is one of the worst exploiters of human rights and INequality.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Apple next, whether Cook's remarks hurt Apple. Regardless, it's this type of behavior that reveals progressive hypocrisy....and insanity.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
Actually, I think Txsteader is right on!

·
My name is not Alice
4,185 Posts
seems like it bothered you or you wouldn't have posted about it

According to the thread title, which should be read as a thesis, it is the hypocrisy that bothered the OP, not the sexual orientation.

I wonder if the slaves in China are going to jump out of windows at twice the rate as before the announcement?

·
Very Dairy
14,609 Posts
Well, Tim Cook (Apple CEO) felt the need to publicly declare that he is a homosexual. Tim Cook Speaks Up

But here's the bizarre part; he also claims that individuals shouldn't be defined by their sexual orientation.

Okay. Then why do homosexuals feel the need to publicly broadcast their sexual orientation, when nobody really cares?
Perhaps to be a role model to young LGBT people; to show them that they too can reach the pinnacles of business and industry.

I applaud his decision.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
I agree there is a lot hypocrisy when he said Apple has long advocated for 'human rights and equality for all'.

As far as saying he is a homosexual I do not see that as hypocrisy. I see that as trying to help others that feel the need to hide who they are. He is not asking to be defined as a homosexual.

Jim

·
Registered
21,255 Posts
I agree there is a lot hypocrisy when he said Apple has long advocated for 'human rights and equality for all'.

As far as saying he is a homosexual I do not see that as hypocrisy. I see that as trying to help others that feel the need to hide who they are. He is not asking to be defined as a homosexual.

Jim
He's the one who defined himself as a homosexual. Why did he feel it was anyone's business? His sexuality did not stop him from succeeding so why would he assume it would stop others? Wouldn't you consider it odd if some successful person got on a stage and made a point of telling people he is straight? I'd think that was weird. How about some successful woman announcing that she hired out at night as a prostitute because that was a part of her sexuality she would not give up? Why do these people feel the need to tell others about their private lives? Keep it private. I really couldn't care less and don't want to hear about it.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Because as a group they are still being denied rights, and opportunities that others take for granted. Many people have a distorted view of homosexuals and it causes them to not recognize that they just want to be allowed to do what the rest of us do. Marriage and all the benefits that go along with it is a good example. Many of those with the distorted view when someone they have known for years or admire comes out they begin to realize their preconceptions don't apply. That is a big part of why the polls keep moving on marriage equality.

Jim

·
Dallas
13,852 Posts
I believe its probably time for me to disclose this to all of you for the public good.
I'm straight.

I know, I know.....and perhaps even worse to some, I'm happily married - to a person of the opposite sex.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
24,170 Posts
He should never have had to be asked that question in the first place. It should never have to be something that defines him. It is because many still have a problem with anyone that is gay.

Funny though how a straight person had to bring it up in a discussion here in this form. Why do you have to publicly talk about it. If it does not make any difference then why do you have a problem with it?

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
I believe its probably time for me to disclose this to all of you for the public good.
I'm straight.

I know, I know.....and perhaps even worse to some, I'm happily married - to a person of the opposite sex.
Feels good to be out of the closet don't it :buds:

·
Miniature Horse lover
25,219 Posts
And as soon as the new huge Apple Spaceship building is done. Macs will be made in the uSA. They are making a good move in doing this. And I read that Samsung even has said they can not compete with the iPhone.
Apple is doing everything right.
They are even now ahead of M$ when the newest OS X came out.
I had to laugh when I read More people have upgraded to the New OS_X called Yosemite in now get this in TWO WEEKS.
Than people have in Two TEARS step up to the plate and upgraded to Windows. 8~!
I love it~And even after he announced that the stock Still went up like it has been doing the past few weeks. So far no repercussions at all. i Love It.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
I'm straight.

Congratulation, how long have you been waiting for the law to change so you could be happily married to a person of the opposite sex? Who is it that thinks it is worse that you are married to the opposite sex?

Jim

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
He should never have had to be asked that question in the first place. It should never have to be something that defines him. It is because many still have a problem with anyone that is gay.

Funny though how a straight person had to bring it up in a discussion here in this form. Why do you have to publicly talk about it. If it does not make any difference then why do you have a problem with it?

For the record, I don't care what his sexual orientation is and will continue to not care as long as he does a good job as Apple CEO. I own a few shares of Apple stock and as a greedy capitalist, that's my only concern as far as the CEO goes.

But thanks for demonstrating the OP's point. Liberal Hypocrisy. Tim Cook can talk about his personal life yet the liberal line is that conservatives aren't even allowed to notice the conversation. If Tim Cook makes it part of the national conversation, conservatives, libertarians, liberals, and everyone else gets to take part.

If Tim Cook had answered a question on this topic with "Nunayadangbizness", I would be quite happy. CEOs of public corps should not put their personal politics ahead of the company. Not that I worked for public companies, but I was often required to make sure my politics were not connected with the companies I worked for. The company did not want to potentially lose sales or executive time dealing with issues that are not relevant to the business of the company.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Apple provides hundreds of thousands of jobs for workers in poverty stricken nations. Where else is a six year old supposed to get 15 cents an hour? If it wasn't for Apple these kids might be reading books or playing or other frivolous stuff instead of supporting the productive, militarized, anti-family, anti freedom, anti theocratic prison states, that make our lives interesting. Yay for Apple. If it wasn't for companies like apple progressives would not have the money to pay for their penance enhanced, guilt free, fair trade products.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Perhaps to be a role model to young LGBT people; to show them that they too can reach the pinnacles of business and industry.

I applaud his decision.
Role models should not exploit children. there is no sexual orientation, idealism or mantra that gets anyone a pass on this. Apple is the worlds largest slave owner.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts