Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
another thread got me thinking about the products we buy. Someone said if you only bought US products you wouldn't come home with much. I would like to compile a list of companies and products made in the good ole USA!

Let's get started:

Keebler cookies and crackers (based in Michigan)
Kellogg's cereals (based in Michigan)
Jiffy mixes (based in Michigan) Can you tell where I am from?!
Pioneer sugar (based in Michigan)
Faygo pop (also Michigan)
coca cola (Ga based)
Pillsbury cake mixes

Can you add to the list. If we get the information out there, people are more apt to listen and buy american than if they had to do the research themselves.

I was watching television and saw an economist being interviewed - he said if you buy from small local business that 45% of your money stays in the community that you live, whereas if you buy from Walmart or a big box store that only 14% stays in your area!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I would like to buy shoes made in the usa, but don't know which ones are made here. I know new balance used to make them here but I sure can't find them any more.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Miss Lynne said:
I would like to buy shoes made in the usa, but don't know which ones are made here. I know new balance used to make them here but I sure can't find them any more.

I know that Famous Footwear still carries them. That is the only shoes my husband wil wear. They seem to fit him well and they last longer. He is moving on his feet all day and he wears out his shoes fast.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Little Debbie Snacks
Hershey's Candy

(not really healthy food and I can't be 100% certain that they only use grown in the USA ingredients, but they employ a whole lot of folks in my area so I hope they keep on manufacturing in the US and don't outsource to China)

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
Are you looking just for products made in the USA, or products made in the USA with US ingredients? I think there is a big difference between the two. I can think of a lot of products made (or assembled) in the US but most of the parts or ingredients have come from other countries.

Dawn

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mrs. Oz- that link is perfect!

Dawn- I do think there is a difference between all ingrediants from the US and only made here. But even if its just made here that's a start to, at least US citizens are working. I would like to give out a list of totally US products then perhaps a sub category of made in the US. dhs cousin says he doesn't buy anything not made in the US but I don't think his wife who does the shopping follows the same rule.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.