Processors in Ind. or Ohio?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by renee7, May 16, 2004.

1. renee7

renee7 Well-Known Member

I don't think that there is a processor close to me in Ind. But I went to the web-site PRMA and in their Newslatter, it seems the there are 4 in Ohio.

But I coldn't find them on the map. I live close to I-70 and about 40 mi. from the Ohio line. Does anyone know where, Bradford, OH,--Diamond OH, Sullivan, OH, or Raymond,OH, is?

If any of them where close to the Ind/Ohio line, I probably could do it.

2. Pat Lamar

Pat Lamar Well-Known Member Supporter

Have you tried contacting the processors to find out what runners are servicing your area? Most growers aren't able to actually deliver the live fryers, themselves, but send them by way of a "runner." The processors know who is hauling rabbits to them and from what areas.

Pat Lamar
    President
    Professional Rabbit Meat Association
    http://www.prma.org/

3. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

diamond ohio is east of akron on route 18 if i am not mistaken,sullivan isabout 40 miles west of akron oh u.s.224, bradford north of I 70 on ohio721 off of ohio502 ,raymond ison 347 andohio739 does this help.

4. Tracy

Tracy Well-Known Member

you can go onto yahoo and do a map search. Click on driiving directions and enter your city and state and the destination. Will show you how many miles and driving directions.

FYI: Most processors will not accept new growers in the summer months but it never hurts to call.