probably a stupid question but just out of curiosity.......

Discussion in 'Goats' started by myrandaandkids, Aug 12, 2006.

1. myrandaandkids

myrandaandkids Well-Known Member

is it possible to get accurate readings from using a human pregnancy test on a goat? if not where can i get info on having does tested?

2. jeff caldwell

jeff caldwell Well-Known Member

done tried it don't work.

3. dbarjacres

dbarjacres Well-Known Member Supporter

I know you can blood test them at a few weeks bred and it's supposed to be reliable. Hope someone knows the details as I'd like to know for a couple does also.

4. Faithful Heart

Faithful Heart Well-Known Member

Someone else just the other day was asking about the RESULTS for their test - done through Biotracking - Pregnancy Testing. It's only $15 per goat. I find that VERY affordable.

5. Shazza

Shazza Well-Known Member Supporter

But why spend money at all you only have to wait 21 days....and if she isnt the same result for both, put her back with the buck. :)

6. AnnaS

AnnaS Well-Known Member

There are some does that keep acting like they have heats all through their pregnancy.. I had one who flagged, called and stood for the buck for 3 months after she was actually bred. I was pretty surprised when she bagged up and then delivered twins!

7. moonspinner

moonspinner Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be great to buy a home preg. test for goats? That Bio test is supposedly very accurate. I've had two does that kept me going for five months thinking they were settled. But both had false pregnancies. So I can see where some people would want the test.