Price question. The guy is coming tommorrow!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Goat Freak, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

We have a guy coming by to see some of our goats, and the ones he likes he will buy. So the thing is we have a 10 month old male boer percenatge, since he is a male and is a percentage his babies will not be able to be registered, but he is a BIG boy for a 10 month old so his babies would be worth quite a bit for meat. He has good genetics, Yohaan ENNOBLED and Sasquatch ENNOBLED included, but since he is a percentage and his kids could not be registered it does not matter. So my question is how much should we be asking for him? Thank you in advance, I forgot to post till now so I REALLY need an answer before 2 in the afternoon tommorrow, we have NO idea what to charge for him. Once again thank you in advance. Bye.

2. Goat Freak

Thank you. The guy came by and it looks like he is more interested in the mutts than the percentage boer male. Once again, Thank You. Bye.

3. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

In my area, I can get $150 for an almost full blood percentage Boer buckling. People around here want them for their kid's 4 H projects or want them to breed to their goats to get meatier market wethers.

4. Goat Freak

So I quess that we should be asking around $150-$200, he is a REALLY big boy at just 10 months old, he is already almost as big as his dad he just needs to fill out some more, nad grow maybe an inch, and his dad si 3 years old! Thank you once again, bye.

5. Charleen

Charleen www.HarperHillFarm.com Supporter

Well, I know I'm late with this, but the MINIMUM price should be the price per # in your area. We've run into a heated discussion from a buyer that wanted one of our goats and once we explained this as a starting price, he understood better.

I think that would be a good place to start. Don't sell for less than what you could get at market.

6. Goat Freak