Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed a dramatic increase in the price of gasoline in the last day or two? Ours went up 6 cents in a day.

·
Banned
292 Posts
SOMEBODY is making a HUGE Amount of money right now on the price of gas.

Crud is below 92 a barrel gas SHOULD be 3 bucks or Under. And sure as heck not going up.
I remember reading a few years back that the price of gasoline must remain over $3 to make shale gas profitable. Since shale gas represents a larger portion of our imports, and so much money is riding on it, we will likely never see gas under $3 again.

·
Registered
121 Posts
We got gas in Springfield MO for just under $3 on Wednesday. I told my husband we should snap a photo to send to our son back in IL. Prices have been dropping here. Well that was 2 days ago not sure if they are back up or not.

·
Banned
17,215 Posts
I bought gas yesterday for $2.99 :banana:
and got free Pizza ,hotdogs, smores, drink flavoring ,stickers and a coke!

Got to love that customer appreciation day.

:yuck:To bad I had already filled the truck up that morning!

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Crazy world.

Gas is $3.03.gal. A quart of Pennzoil Plus cost me $8.50 yesterday.

·
Registered
16,445 Posts
Over the past month or so while national news sources have been touting falling gas price ours ( central wisconsin) rose slightly and then held steady. It was blamed on the dreaded "refinery problems" in the Chicago area. They seem to have resolved as our prices have dropped about 15 cents in the last couple of weeks. $3.29 in town this morning. $3.23 in Madison this morning.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Short piece on the tv news this morning about gas under $3 by the first of the year.

Stay tuned..........
I just saw the same thing on our news.....

·
Registered
16,445 Posts
One of the things I find interesting in this part of the world is the variance in prices among stations owned by the same chain. There is a large regional chain that touts having its own brand of gasoline. In towns where they are the only game in town they are currently 10-12 cents higher in price than in the town where there are multiple stations. All within a thirty mile or so radius.

·
fuzzball in the Cascades
639 Posts
SOMEBODY is making a HUGE Amount of money right now on the price of gas.

Crud is below 92 a barrel gas SHOULD be 3 bucks or Under. And sure as heck not going up.
Somebody is "ALWAYS" making a bundle of money on the price of gas.......Just not me.:facepalm:

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Gas prices here easily swing 10-15 cents/gal on a daily basis.

Gas prices seem to follow economic conditions any more, at least for large price swings.

Name your poison.

·
Banned
17,215 Posts
Since they found oil on the Kenai Ive never understood why gas was so expensive on the highways of Alaska. After the north slope discoveries Im even more mystified!
:shrug:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts