Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Could it be?!?

It looks like a Canadian Production Wheel!!!

:teehee:

I really wish I lived closer. I would snap that up in a heartbeat. I was just telling Philip that I want one of those someday.

Aren't there groups of people on Ravelry who will "run" wheels from place to place?

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I think I almost got that wheel awhile back. Sure looks like the same.
I was looking at one on listed Ravelry, & I think it was in Akron, it was in Ohio.

The seller didn't want to ship. Also a local fiber fair was coming up & the seller
wanted to try to sell it there. I lost interest in it after that.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Yup, that's CPW. There's a whole forum for them on Ravelry and you might be able to get someone from there to help you relocate it. They ship them on Grayhound buses a lot, too.

A modern wheel of that size and speed would run about four times as much, although that's just their starting price.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I know she didn't sell it at the fair cause she emailed me & said it was still available.

I think she was selling it for around $450. I offered to pay her extra, or whatever she needed for shipping.

I found another wheel while she had hers at the fair, plus I didn't think she was going to ship anyways. She didn't want to risk it getting damaged.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow!!!

My boyfriend is in driving distance.

Now where in the world could I possibly put it.....

Looks like there is a bad join in the wheel though maybe it is my eyeballs.
Looks like there was a repair where you are talking. Does your BF have a good eye? Like could he tell if the wheel was warped or not true? That is what makes a difference right? Most everything else can be fixed on one as long as the wheel is still straight?

Also, you would put in the free space cleared up when you move your stash to your new fiber shed silly!! :)

·
Interrobanger
5,656 Posts
If Kasaota's bf can get it for you, and get it to kasota, I could get it from Kasota and store it for you, Kelsey! Let me know if it works out! That wheel looks really nice! I would not hesitate to take a chance on that lovely Cadorette wheel! I wonder if it is a Philias or a Michel?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I don't have my heart set on it. I do really want a CPW, but you are going more nuts than I am right now. Lol
But that is a really nice wheel. I may change my tune if they figure out a wheel railroad for me. ..

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,519 Posts
I live very close to Grand Rapids :D. Now if I only had an extra $200 :(

1 - 20 of 49 Posts