Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nubian-Togg doe, going on three, she didn't take last year, so I am sitting here with my fingers crossed. :grit: She has kidded before, twins, and was/is my best milker. Her udder is not any different, she still looks like a yearling that has never seen a buck.She has access to goat minerals plus some selenium+vitE supplement. I gave her a Bo-se shot about a month ago. She get free choice grass hay. Not much pasture, just a little grass. The buck is a Mini-Nubian.
I can't remember which side the kids are supposed to be on. I can not feel anything in there.
Picture taken yesterday.

She is not normally this "poofy". When she was pregnant last time, she hardly showed with twins, maybe a little bit bigger than in this picture. But slender compared to my poor Nubian.

I know the buck is fine, ask my Nubian.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Kids are on the right side and I can't feel nothing in my girl yet either but I haven't checked much. Mine is due around Feb 1st. Watch the vulva area. My girls is getting bigger/swollen and pooching out and her bag started changing about two weeks ago The biggest difference between mine and yorus is that mine has an indentation between the bulge and her back legs... yours seems to be more rounder.. hard to explain i guess

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
eedo you havea pic of her 5 months ago?? to me she looks preg :p

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
When Gretta was preggos I could see and feel kicking. Maybe you could cop a feel? ;) right side will have the kids.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
How long ago was she exposed to the buck? From the pictures I'd guess pregnant but then again, I saw a doe that was just ENORMOUS from eating browse (I'm not talking normal big rumen belly, I'm talking pregnant looking for a PYGMY). She was not pregnant and not a pygmy. When I put my hands on her, she was actually quite thin but for some reason, the browse she was gorging on just blew her up. I had the owner dry lot her for a few weeks and she went back to normal. Then I bought her. :D

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Oh yes, forgot to say, you could try listening (carefully) with a stethoscope for heartbeats if the kids are developed enough. You're supposed to be able to find a heartbeat within 21 days of conception, but I think that's more of a professional guideline with an ultrasound! I have been trying the last few weeks with my girls and they should be about 3 months pregnant now.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
What is she eating on the milkstand for her photo? If it's grain that can totally be why she is poofy :) Barron does are very hard to get bred when you allow them to get fat.

You might want to pull blood and send it in to biotracking.com find out because you really only have about 5 weeks left of breeding season. Vicki

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I agree with the suggestion to pull blood. Don't know how I forgot to mention that! LOL Anyway, watch her throughout the day and over the course of a couple of days. If she changes in shape/size dramatically, it is likely diet vs. pregnancy, BUT that does not mean she isn't pregnant!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts