pregnant doe question

Discussion in 'Goats' started by joyfulmama, Feb 20, 2005.

1. joyfulmama

joyfulmama Well-Known Member

I have a doe due to kid in about 4 weeks. Today her tummy looks MUCH smaller than it did a few days ago. Is this simply due to the baby/babies repositioning themselves or does it indicate a problem?

She is eating and drinking normally, and is her usual frisky self.

Thanks for any help you can give.

2. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

Most likely nothing to worry abt. If she is eating and doing the other end just fine then probably just repositioning. I know my girls sometimes I think my goodness guess your not preggers after all. :confused:

3. rhjacobi

rhjacobi Well-Known Member

I would also say that it is probably nothing to worry about. All of our does do similar things during pregnancy. It is probably just repositioning or, especially if you are feeding much hay, it might be from the stage of the food processing in their stomachs. The excellent observation is also very noteworthy. Knowing your goats and being able to observe even small changes is a critical part of success with goats, especially as you go on maternity watch. On top of that, you are looking for the reason for the changes you see. I'm glad that you have decided to join us as goat herders.

Bob
    Lynchburg, TN.

4. joyfulmama

Thank you Sondra and Bob, for putting my mind at ease!

I appreciate your help. :)

5. joyfulmama

I felt her kid(s) kicking this morning! Very neat! That really made me feel better about her. :)