Pregnant doe bleeding a little...

Discussion in 'Goats' started by GoatsRus, Dec 12, 2006.

1. GoatsRus

GoatsRus TMESIS

All my girls are pregnant. One of the bigger does side butted a smaller doe the other day. Now I notice that she is bleeding a little - enough that there is dried blood on her tail. She's eating, walking around fine (no cramping),we didn't find any aborted babies and otherwise she seems fine. Is there anything we should do for her? She isn't due until the end of February.

2. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

Have you felt for any movement of the baby? Have you listened for a heart beat? I really don't thinks there is anything you can do but wait it out. I had a doe with blood on her, and when she sneezed she would squirt some blood out. Three days later she delivered a dead baby, way early. The vet said it was only about 3 months along. I would just wait it out, there is nothing you can do anyway.
    I have wethers that become brats and start doing that to my girls, that is when they find new homes. I had two wethers that were State Fair champs and I still sold them because it wasn't worth them hurting anyone.
    When it happened to my doe, the vet said to give PennG for 5 days. Good luck.

3. GoatsRus

GoatsRus TMESIS

Thanks, I'll give her penn G tonight. We checked her again yesterday, and the blood was dried on her and there doesn't seem to be any new blood. I tried to listen for a heart beat, but wasn't sure if that's what I heard. I even checked another of the very pregnant does and it sounded the same. I guess we'll just wait and see. She still seems to be eating and drinking good and is just as active as the others.