Pregnancy ??

Discussion in 'Goats' started by famer_manda, Jul 8, 2006.

1. famer_manda

famer_manda I Love CHICKENS!

My pygmy kidded back on June 10th and at that time her sides went flat. So here we are a month later and I swear she looks pregnant again. Her sides are "puffing" back out. Not quite to the degree where she was the whole 5 months pregnant but I would say maybe 3-4 months.

Is it possible for a goat to get pregnant while pregnant?? Or is it normal for goats to go flat after birth (for a week or two) and then return to a middle pregnancy look?

2. Ramblin Acres

Ramblin Acres Well-Known Member

Has she been exposed to a buck? If so then yes she could be pregnant again. However some of my pygmies have lost the weight right after freshing and then have the big poofy sides.This is a common trait of pygmies.I have one pygmy nanny that looks like she has a tumor on each side,but it is from all of the kids she has had in the past.

3. homebirtha

homebirtha Well-Known Member

No, they can't get pregnant while pregnant. She is probably just getting a bigger rumen with new browse and more room in her belly for food.

4. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

Agree she can get pg now or aprox 21 days from freshening . My guess is it is just her rumen you are seeing.

5. famer_manda

famer_manda I Love CHICKENS!

Yeah she has been around the buck, but it was just making me wonder when it was so recent but shes getting all poofy again.