Pregnancy in Doelilng Question

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Croenan, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Croenan

Croenan Well-Known Member

I have a 4 month old doeling that may have gotten pregnant 2 months ago. WE had a buck and when i realized that she was in heat he was prompted removed. (I spend ALOT of time with the goats, so she wasn't in there for long...but of course, it doesnt take long!)

I am watching her closely for any signs of pregnancy or heat but she is still worrying me.

I thought she went into heat again about 2 weeks ago, but her signs weren't real strong so I am not 100% sure. I did notice the buck chasing her a little at the time but not doing anything. He was fixed about a month before, so he may have a little hormone left in him.

If I take her to a vet can they do any type of test for her? I don't know if he has a sonogram. How does he abort the baby if she is pregnant? I really don't want any more babies if she can have it, but CAN she have it? I would think it would kill her.

Her little teats are just getting a little bigger, but I don't really see any signs of an udder. I don't know if that is normal development for a doeling or not. She is a kiko, pygmy mix.

I've been looking up threads but not finding any real answers. You guys got any?

Even though my last babies are absolutely adorable, I am tired of babies and I am running out of room!

2. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

well, he can do a sanigram, but I think at this point in time just pray, that is about all you can do.
    she just might be fine, you never know. IT could go either way, there really isn't any way of telling. I woul just feed her well, give nutri drench to her, about 3 times a week, and make sure she has had all of her shots and pray.

3. susanne

susanne Nubian dairy goat breeder

i don't think she is pregnant since two month. that sounds awfully young to me. if i would had a doe pregnant this young i would give her lutelase to break the pregnancy off. you could draw some blood and have it tested for pregnancy. also keep in mind that almost every warm blooded animal can successfully breed up to three month after they are fixed.
    susanne