Prayers!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by sandave88, Sep 10, 2005.

1. sandave88

sandave88 Well-Known Member

Everyone please keep my mom in your prayers. She had a major stroke last night and is unable to use her left side. She is an 81 year old farmers daughter who loves to keep her hands in the dirt of her garden. :angel:

2. mtn bluet

mtn bluet in Illinois

We will be praying for her speedy healing.

3. sandave88

4. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

Prayers sent your way for healing and praying for recovery.

5. sandave88

My mom was placed on a feeding tube in her stomach today and the doctor is telling us she has some swelling on her brain. He thought it best to have her placed in a rehab/nursing home for her care. She has become nonresponsive and seems to sleep most of the time. I am hopeful she just needs the rest and will bounce back as soon as her body and mind are able. Please keep praying her name is Martha... :(

6. Mrs Katzenchix

Mrs Katzenchix Well-Known Member

She is in my prayers. May the Lord bless you and your mother and watch over your entire family.

7. Mountain Mick

Mountain Mick Well-Known Member

Baree, Mount Morgan, Queensland Australia
    May the healing hand of Jesus Hold up you mother and also comfort you and your family. You and your Mum are in our prays . May we all find comfort in the Lord on high. We have just read Psalm 23 for your Mum and Psalm 63 1:8 as well . These are one that gave me comfort with my Dad. And we say Amen

Hope these help.

Mick :angel:

8. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear.Prayers given.

BooBoo

9. rojo13864

rojo13864 Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom. I pray she will be OK. Please take care of yourself at this time too. Its easy to let worry overwhelm in times of stress.

10. mama2littleman

mama2littleman El Paso

My and my family's prayers are with you and your family.

Nikki

11. sandave88

Thank you everyone it is so nice to feel the prayers coming our way.

12. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

Hope mom is doing better.......

13. mamajohnson

mamajohnson Knitting Rocks! Supporter

I am so sorry to hear this. Hang in there! Dont let the hospital push you. It is my opinion that they just dont always keep the best for the patient in mind... sometimes it comes down to a money thing. My grandmother had a stroke years ago... my parents went and got her, and brought her to our home. She did recover, and eventually regained use of her arm/leg on the paralysed side. (and lived 10 more years!) It is hard to care for someone that is ill... if you decide to do it, be strong in it. (hey, crying is ok, sometimes we need that!!) Ask yourself, which is harder? seeing her in a nursing home, with perhaps questionable care, or doing the best you can? There are nurses that can help you, if that is what you feel you should do. I hope you are not offended by my questions, but I have questioned these to myself many times. DH's mother is in bad health -his sister is caring for her- and I keep coming home to the fact that my mother may need help soon. I know it will fall to me to do it,,, we are building on as fast as we can, with this in mind. Seek first God's will, and then abide by it. That is what will be best for all concerned. If you do go to a nursing home, check them out thoroughly! dont be rushed!!
    God Bless, you, your mom and your family are in my prayers. Hang in there.

14. NativeRose

NativeRose Texas Country Grandma

Prayers for your mama and you and your family.

15. BamaSuzy

BamaSuzy Well-Known Member

My mother-in-law (age 81) has had several strokes in the last couple of years and after two or three days in the hospital they always want to move her directly to a local nursing home....it seems the government won't pay but for just a few days in the hospital and then you have that 21 day stay inthe nursing home...

My mother is 84 and has a don't recesitate paper signed and also doesn't want a feeding tube, etc. She has those papers signed as well....

we will be praying for you and your family as you face this....as well as praying for your mother Martha....

16. sandave88

She was moved to a rehab nursing facility and was talking the first day. Ever since she has been unresponsive. She has rapid eye movement while her eyes are shut and when you pry one open. She doesn't focus on anything. I feel so lost. I brush her hair and talk with her telling her to get up and talk to me. I visit everyday which is difficult because she is 45 minutes away from my home and hubby works 80 hours a week. It has been too hard on my kids to see her this way so I try to go when he is off work and can stay with the kids. I try to keep busy with packing and readying my house for sale. But then I come across something she gave me or talked about and I lose it. Thanks again for all those words and prayers. They really do help. Sand

17. sandave88

Well family came into town on Saturday. We spent the day cleaning and sorting at my moms house. Then everyone came over for a nice lunch. We were going to take a break and just let them visit the hospital but my hubby said we should go. So we drove and arrived there before them and my 12 yo son and I went in. Well as soon as he walked in he said "hello Grandma" and she opened her eyes. We were so shocked and happy to see those hazel eyes. She spoke in a very soft voice saying she loved us and thanking us for different things. She had been out for a total of 12 days. She was also awake yesterday so I brought her one of her plants. Something to look at. I also made this huge poster with copies of family photos covering it. She was just looking around it was so great. Thanks again for all the prayers. Keep them coming.Sand

18. Mountain Mick

Mountain Mick Well-Known Member

Baree, Mount Morgan, Queensland Australia
    And we all say Amen to that sister. and Praise the lord on high for your Mum. And praise the healing hand of Jesus Amen Amen Amen.

19. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

Whew thats quite a load you are carrying. Seems mom and the grandson have a connection thats good. If I was in that postition I think mom is better off in the home for now. If your selling your home it would be so hard to have her there but when you get into your new home maybe you will see things differently and decide you can handle it better.
    Dont forget to take a time out for yourself you deserve it!! In my heart I think you are doing the right thing by leaving her there for now. Just try and keep her posted to whats going on and what your plan is for her...she may feel like you have just dumped her off there...remember her mind is not well right now. She is probably confused if she knows whats going on maybe she will get better faster I hope that came out right. Good luck you everyone....

20. sandave88

Yes I have already decided if she can begin to swallow again she will be moving in with me at the new place. I have already decided to make her up a nice room with some of her collections. Plates,Dolls and bells. My siblings mostly males act as if they could not handle the bathroom trip she will need help with. It is not an issue with me. Quote from a movie "Don't give me attitude I'm a mother". I just think men don't have that nurturing gene that women do. I know there are caring men out there but my brothers are just not them. I am just glad she has woken up.Thanks again for all the prayers and encourgement. Sand