Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be silly, but our wonderful dog has spleen cancer, she will have to be put down soon, but man I love her so much. She has been a great friend to our family. Prayers for strength would be much appreciated. Who would think one could be so in love with a dog.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
If it never silly to ask for prayers and confort when a loved one is sick. God made us all and loves us all. I'll pray for your fur baby and for you.

·
Registered
386 Posts
zukgod, i know people can become so attached to pets that they are almost like one of the kids. Although you are doing the humane thing, doing what's right often isn't easy. I'm praying for your strength and peace.

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
Way, way not silly! When I lost my dog BoBo in April I was unable to function. Losing him still has me in tears now and then from the pain of missing him. There are feelings of guilt, remorse and a terrible sense of loss of control.
You need to be strong for your dog and help his transition be as peaceful and pain free as possible. You have my support through this awful time and I'm sure from many others on this forum. If you have any questions about the process be sure to talk to your vet. I work at a vet clinic and I am very familiar with this so you can pm me if you like. I am so sorry your dog is ill...but so thankful she doesn't have to go through a slow and painful death. Hugs & prayers to you :(

·
Registered
376 Posts
Many prayers being sent your way. We went through a similiar thing with our dog 2 years ago this December. I can still sit and cry because I still miss Cooper. You are making the right choice even though it is not easy.Thinking of you .Dawn

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That darn dog, we are waiting for more tests to come in, in the morning but she is getting worse and I know what's comming. DW can't stop crying and I feel sick. She is an amazing girl. thanks for all the kind words and prayers we need em.

Josh

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
No,its not silly to pray for your dog you love. Around here a dog thats not worth a prayer once and a while is a dog we don't need. I will pray for your dog.How else can we thank God for sending us that dog that touches our heart the way they do and helps us through those times when no one else can. They are the little friends that will stick with us through no matter what, and give their life in an instant without question,to protect us.So pray for them my friend, they deserve it. Eddie

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
I'm so very sorry, and yes...prayer that you have the strength. I love my dogs so much. my shepherd is my heart dog, so I understand your pain and sadness.

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
Prayers said. It's hard to lose a part of your family - especially because dogs are so accepting

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
How terribly sad. Not silly at all! Our pets are so loving, loyal and trusting. I sometimes think we need them more than they need us. Hugs and prayers coming your way.

·
loves all critters
1,048 Posts
In heaven, we will be happy. I will need my furbabies to be happy, so I know they will be there. When my DD loses a pet, I remind her that they will be playing with our baby (lost at 4 mos pregnant).

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
If it never silly to ask for prayers and confort when a loved one is sick. God made us all and loves us all. I'll pray for your fur baby and for you.
I agree 100%. So sorry you have to go through this.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We got the results from the vet a bit ago. We know nothing more than yesterday, they recomend a ultrasound, she has a slightly enlarged liver and spleen which could be caused by cancer. The great news is that she is not enimic so I assume that means she is not bleeding internally, I hope. It still does not look good for the old girl but I guess we shall see. I appreciate the prayers so very much and will keep you all updated, I still don't have high hopes though.

Josh

1 - 20 of 30 Posts