Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH was transferred to the night shift today, which he wanted; a little more pay, a chance of some good overtime. But, the woman he carpools with was not, and we don't have a running vehicle. Just bought a Bonneville from his niece and the transmission went out, the Nissan has some electrical problem he's hoping the mechanic can sort out, and the truck needs a new part. He's doing a trade with another guy at work for the part, but the truck still takes $40 three times a week just for him to get back and forth to work. Not feasible.

We have been planning on buying a new car with the raise he just got, but it won't take effect for another few weeks and financially, things are not so hot. Desperately trying to get a loan for a reliable car that will last us a long time, and could really use some help. *sigh* He goes to nights Monday.

·
Turkey Wrangler
5,193 Posts
jen74145 said:
DH was transferred to the night shift today, which he wanted; a little more pay, a chance of some good overtime. But, the woman he carpools with was not, and we don't have a running vehicle. Just bought a Bonneville from his niece and the transmission went out, the Nissan has some electrical problem he's hoping the mechanic can sort out, and the truck needs a new part. He's doing a trade with another guy at work for the part, but the truck still takes $40 three times a week just for him to get back and forth to work. Not feasible.

We have been planning on buying a new car with the raise he just got, but it won't take effect for another few weeks and financially, things are not so hot. Desperately trying to get a loan for a reliable car that will last us a long time, and could really use some help. *sigh* He goes to nights Monday.
Oh, car trouble is the worst- Sorry you are going through this.. I think you should be able to get a loan for a decent car, a few years ago we were desperate, dh's credit was sour from a divorce (his ex didn't pay the mortgage) he was able to get "special" financing. I already had a car loan.
Prayers said for some reliable tranportation for you both.

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys; thing is, he *just* got a raise Wednesday, but so far the people who've called back can't really give us any amounts we can live with. UGH. Something has to give or we're up a creek, if he doesn't get a car and soon, there's no onehe can ride with, thus, no job. :( He really doesn't want to just plop down a few thousand on yet another car that ill just break down tomorrow, but it's looking like that's what we'll have to do.

·
Registered
11,031 Posts
I wish I could say that I haven't, but have been in the same "what are we going to do" situation more times than I can count. Keep your faith in the Lord. Proverbs 3:5-6 is so incredibly true it is almost scary. He will provide according to your faith.You are in my prayers, stand back, something assume is going to happen.

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
Saying prayers for your transportation. We have also been in your place.. younger w/ little or no money and needs... It seems like when we need it the most, things 'come' to be! QB

·
Registered
587 Posts
Praying here too Jen. We've been in that situation so many times over the years, and every single time I worked out to our good. Just hang in there and keep on praying!

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, we have a good price on insurance *huge sigh of relief*. Now to find out what our payments for the car would be... dealership is pulling the whole "we can't tell you exact numbers until you come in" rigmarole. :grit: We are approved for the amount we need, just have to find out how many limbs/children the want from us first. Whew... I sure hope this works out!

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am giddy. :D

I *think* I just found the car for us... even a Chevy, which means it will get DH's approval. Whee... not going to quit looking just yet, but I ran the numbers on it and the payment would be affordable. We need a happy dance smiley!

Thank you SO MUCH all of you... I can't even imagine what it will be like to have reliable transportation, and affordable too? I might faint.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.