Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mother was schedualled to have spinal surgury at 11 this morning, she was already stressing about having to sit around without food or water until that late in the day.. but now she is still sitting and waiting, seems the first surgury ran long, now the second surgury is also running long... please pray that the doctor is not too tired by the time he gets to her to still be on his A game!! Also please pray for her nerves to be calmed and recovery to be quick!

She has several degenerating disks that they are going in to repair or replace, she knows that she will be on pain meds and home bound for 3 to 4 weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Prayers for your mom, hope everything goes well. I do understand the stress of waiting for surgery. Two months ago I was to have surgery at 8:00 in the morrning and the surgery ended up happening at 9:00 that night. The stress that goes with waiting is worse than the surgery.

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
Prayers said, sweetie.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They finally took her in to surgury a little after 4, they said that they expected surgury to last around an hour and then recovery around an hour as well. We are still waiting for the doctor to come out and give us an after surgury report.

Thank so much for the prayers!!

·
If I need a Shelter
21,626 Posts
Prayers from here.

big rockpile

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She is out of recovery and enjoying a dinner of saltine crackers and sips of sprite, UGH, her IV blew out so they've started another, doctors said everything went according to plan and she may get to come home tomorrow afternoon (they had origionally said Saturday or Sunday)

Thank you all so much!
Debbie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts