Prayer request for a friend!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by debra in ks, Dec 4, 2006.

1. debra in ks

debra in ks Well-Known Member

I posted this in general chat, but was advised that I should post it here.

I just learned last night that a friend has been fighting for his life the last couple of weeks. Steve has done work for me and his wife Hallie cleaned my house for a couple of years. They are super people. Steve is one of the hardest working people I know and honest as the day is long. Please put him in your prayers. Here’s the e-mail I recieved last evening.

Early November 17th, Steve Ingram was severely beaten in Overland Park KS following a funeral dinner for his father in law while trying to help another human being; during a week when both he and his family were grieving the loss of both a beloved aunt that the family buried on Tuesday, and his father-in-law, who was to be buried the following day. He is in the hospital, still in critical condition with a cracked skull and brain swelling. He has been heavily sedated to keep him from moving because at this point the doctors do not know the full extent of the damage. Steve is married to Hallie (Wheat) and is the father of Jacob, Taylor, Jessie and Danyel.

Because of the severity of his injuries, the bills have already begun to mount, as you can imagine. The Ingram’s do have insurance through Steve’s work; however, there are always those horrific deductibles, and the loss of income. Injuries of the kind Steve has sustained will prevent him from returning to work for 6 months to a year, if he improves. Recovery from head injuries (and remember that the full extent of his injuries is still in question) takes a long time. Steve is still hanging in there – about the same – Please keep your prayers coming. Hallie tells me that he wakes up for a minute or so at a time when the doctors and nurses mess with him, but would prefer to be left alone! Although they keep telling the family not to get their hopes up, to me “about the same” means he isn’t getting worse, and for that I am hopeful.

If you would like to and are able to help the family out financially in this time of need, you can mail a donation to Sean & Janene Shawver (they are neighbors who have a secure mail box and who check it each day! Picking up the mail is not one of the top priorities of the Ingram family right now) at 15411 Lake Road 3, Gardner, KS 66030

Thank you for considering helping out, with both prayers and dollars, our neighbor and friend, Steve Ingram.

To see the news story that was run, please click on the link below. (They didn't get everything quite right in the news story, but then they rarely do.)

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/kshb/n...5152835,00.html

2. debra in ks

See next entry it works.

3. debra in ks

4. countryheart

countryheart Well-Known Member

I will pray for him and his family.

Countryheart