Prayer Request : Dental Surgery

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by largentdepoche, Nov 20, 2006.

1. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

I developed an infection in my lower right wisdom tooth, Hubby got me into the emergency dentist where they gave me a prescription for penicillian.

Can you believe penicillin here is 2.85 euros? That's like 4 US bucks!

Anywho, we had to take an xray to see the position of my remaining wisdom teeth. Tomorrow we call to find out what the dentist thinks.

Part of me is hoping he'll remove the last 2 remaining wisdom teeth, these things are driving me nuts!

Could you please pray that whatever would benefit my health the most, God will allow? (either removing or keeping the teeth in)

Thanks and God bless!

Katrina

2. AR Cattails

AR Cattails Well-Known Member Supporter

Praying for you. I hope it works out for the best.

3. FiddleKat

FiddleKat Mother,Artist, Author Supporter

Prayers sent to you Kat!!!

I hope you don't have any ill effects afterwards. I had to have a tooth pulled once (upper) and it kept bleeding. My mom had me put a warm wet teabag in to sooth it, but it busted open. Then the doctor had put me on Codiene for the pain which turned out I was highly allergic to. So it kept me hurling.
    A mouthful of blood, tealeaves, and puke. YUCK!! Needless to say, Im glad that's over with!

4. Zipporah

Zipporah Well-Known Member

5. Yldrosie

Yldrosie Well-Known Member

I feel for you, as I sit here stuffed full of vicoden, and my jaw STILL throbbing! Had an appt. to have it pulled, then got the flu, and had to re-schedule for next week. When the butcher pulled my wisdoms, I had done with a local. Felt like my toes were coming out with them. Four years later, my jaw and tongue are still nerve damaged and are numb. This time for surgury, they will have to put me under. I HATE DENTISTS!

6. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Prayers for things to work out well for you.

Angie

7. holleegee

holleegee Well-Known Member

I had my wisdom teeth pulled a few years ago. My wisdom teeth had twice as many roots as a normal wisdom tooth so the dentist wanted me put under because he wasn't sure how easy/hard it would be to pull them. I didn't want to be put under so he gave me the local and had everything ready in case I needed the IV drugs to knock me out. Luckily the local was fine I even went to the movies with my husband on the way home (It's not often someone else watches my kids so we took advantage of my mom watching them.)

The dentist kept my wisdom teeth, he said he has never seen teeth with roots like mine. I even had to sign papers saying he could keep them. Kind of weird.

I'll remember you in my prayers.

8. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for all the prayers!! :) God bless you all! :)

Our dentist was out but he'd call us on Thursday with the results.

The penicillian has been working, it really ZONKS me out LOL! I've been getting some much needed sleep and I already feel better :).

Thanks again! :)

Katrina