pralines ande wax paper, YUMMMM!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Corky, May 21, 2006.

1. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

Sunday on the homestead.
    It rained this AM and as this is my last day of my vacation and it is Sunday I am taking it easy.
    That means I am spending a lot of time playing on here, eating pralines and wax paper.(sorry Rannie) but they have been on the paper a long time and wont come off so I am eating it that way. Very good! Thanks again Rannie! :)

Taking it easy on the homestead just means I am not mucking out the barn or building fence or cutting hay ect:.
    I, however, have been moving critters from one pasture to the other.
    Working in the flower beds.( That doesn't count as work).
    Making beds, streightening up and doing dishes. (Daily chores can't be avoided so they don't count either.)

The sun is shining and it is so hot I might just go jump in the river pretty soon.
    Not a bad day on the old homestead. What do you think! :) :hobbyhors

2. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

OK, so I lied about not doing fence today but..... the donkey was reaching over the garden fence munching down on my asparagus! I had to do something so....... the former 4 ft fence is now 8 ft on that side.

This was an emergency so it should not count.Or..... maybe there really isn't such a thing as a do nothing day on a homestead. What do you think? :shrug:

I did go wading in the river while DH fished. I haven't got my license yet.

I have steaks on the grill and then will probably eat some more pralines and wax paper for desert.

Life is still good, day of rest or not! :)

God bless you all!

3. goatlady

goatlady Well-Known Member Supporter

rannie, where's the recipe for those pralines? My very favorite treat, but only the brown sugar kind that are sort of soft and crumbly.

4. MoonShine

MoonShine Fire On The Mountain

I planted some today....I had plants left over from yesterday and they just couldn't wait. I enjoyed doing it,it was such a nice day.
    I don't have any pralines...I don't even have any wax paper! lol...that part of your story was funny.

5. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

goatlady, these are white sugar pralines but they are wonderful, wax paper and all!
    Rannie knows why I have a wax paper problem but I ain't tellin. :D

6. rannie

rannie Well-Known Member

ok so you have my attention!!!! LOL I am sooo glad I knew the wax paper would do the trick! I'm really surprised that you still have some left! It's an easy recipe just don't make em' on a rainy day or they really don't come off the wax paper ooops I wasn't supposed to tell. It's 3 cups sugar,(white) 1 can pet milk cook on med/low heat constantly stirring boil til it turns sugary Add about 2 cups pecans, stir well take off fire add 1tsp butter and 1 tsp vanilla stir then drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. normally by the time you are dropping you're last praline they should be getting in solid form. On rainy days they just stay sticky, goooie but ooohh so good. Hey Corky my speriment is still living but the dogs ate some of the other plants between them and the chickens I don't have much of a chance with a garden. take a dip in the river for me! I can't let trent see that you're swimming though he has been holliering to go today with all this heat! have a great day Rannie

7. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

Don't tell me you were raised like me Rannie. Told we could not get in the water till the first of June no matter how hot it was because you could get sick and die.
    Are you close to the water or is a a trip for you?

Well it's off to work for me. Bummer! Vacations over till July. :grump:

8. rannie

rannie Well-Known Member

I have heard that before but not a true believer... just been busy busy busy, we do have a little ride to the swimming hole, may do that one day this week if it stays this hot. Have a good day at work! I'm at home so my work is never done! rannie

9. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

I always thought it was the first of June because we Floridians don't like cold water!

10. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

Lordy! The first of June in Florida is mid summer! If you are afraid of cold water just go swimming in the swamps. I hear they are quite warm. You need to be a really fast swimmer though. :)

11. MELOC

MELOC Master Of My Domain

lol :help: