power washer fitting leaking

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Alice In TX/MO, May 18, 2004.

1. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

We have a FAIP H 120 1500 PSI power washer. It is leaking where the pressure hose hooks on. I need a schematic and parts. Can't find a website for that company. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Rose

2. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Rose the truth is most pressure washers are made in tennesse by one company in jackson tenn. try looking at campbell hausfeld or even sears ,i have seen at least 8 different makes on there dock waiting to be shipped, the company name is porter cable. if that helps

3. gccrook

gccrook Well-Known Member

Sounds like my Husky Power washer I bought at Home Depot. They have a website http://www.huskypowerwashers.com you will find parts there if that is the right one. My part is coming from FAIP.

4. If it is a crimped end maybe you could cut it off and take it to a parts store that deals in hydralic hoses, they can maybe put a new end on it for you.

5. mikell

mikell Well-Known Member

Take the hose to your nearest GOOD hardware and I bet they will help. Might just be an o-ring. Just replaced all of mine after 5 years they just rotted away. Less than a buck for them all.

mikell

6. LiL OHNNL

LiL OHNNL Well-Known Member

7. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

If this is a quick attach coupling that is leaking it will typically have one of two problems. Either the male portion has rusted or the female portion has a defected O ring inside. You can replaced the O ring thru the hole where the male connector enters the female connector. Replace the male portion if it is badly rusted/pitted.