Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Click the little Paper Clip icon on the editor's toolbar. This will open the Attachment Management window.

Click a Browse button, this will open your computer's file finder window.

Find the picture you want to post and select it. This will return you to the Attachment Manager, with the file listed.

Click Upload, to the right of the last Browse button. This will send the file from your computer to HT and close the Attachment Manager, returning you to the edit message area.

Place your cursor in the message where you'd like the picture to appear.

Click the Paper Clip again. A drop down list of your attachments will appear.

Select the picture you'd like to embed, a tag will appear in your message for the picture.

Any picture not selected will automatically be appended to the end of your message.

·
Premium Member
8,303 Posts
could someone tell me how to post a pic , thank you

It kind of makes me feel a bit creep about using pictures directly from my computer. I upload pictures Photobucket then use the links they provide to put pictures on forums. I don't suppose it's any less creep but if I change my mind and want to remove a picture posted here, all I have to do is to go to Photobucket and delete it from there.

·
Joie de vivre!
2,847 Posts
www.photobucket.com

It's a free and safe place to put photos for sharing online. If you want to be selective where your photos go, select "private album" (not public). Even though the album is private you can still copy the link to any photo in it and post it here or anywhere you want.

After you've done that, come back to here and prepare to make a post, as usual. Look at the row of icons above the space where you are making your post. Find the little yellow square with lil' mountains in it (on my screen, it is the 6th icon from the right). Click onto that and paste in the link to your photo (photobucket provides several kinds of links to your photo, for different applications).

Don't give up! I had to fiddle with it a little until I got it right.

Looking forward to seeing some of your doings!

Reactions: Joshie
1 - 6 of 6 Posts