Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
My name is not Alice
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to put up an ad for some of my boers and want to make sure I get the terminology correct. I have what are certainly unregistered goats, but most likely purebred boer. Is it ok to call the 'purebred' in this context? I see a lot of people calling theirs 'full blood'. What is that? I gotta do it the Honest Abe way...

And if I go out an put some well-placed paint ball shots, can I call them 'dappled'? Seems to be a hit.

·
Super Moderator
12,837 Posts
I'd just call them unregistered boer because you have no idea if they're purebred or percentage. :)

Dapples WOULD likely raise your selling price. :p

·
Registered
31,154 Posts
Awnry,
I was wondering where in Missouri you are. I will be starting a herd in a year or so and wondered if you might be a good source for me.

·
My name is not Alice
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awnry,
I was wondering where in Missouri you are. I will be starting a herd in a year or so and wondered if you might be a good source for me.
West central. Between Archie and Garden City as the crow flies. We are still sorting things out...

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
I have advertised unregistered boers and unregistered high percentage boers as "commercial" before. Not sure If I'm using the term correctly, but the seriously interested buyers have always asked about percentages and I've not lost a sale from the honest answers. The goats have sold themselves I guess.

·
Super Moderator
12,837 Posts
Yes, "commercial" is often a term used to describe unregistered boers.

Reactions: Ford Zoo
1 - 6 of 6 Posts