Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
nice veggie pictures.

My garden's been in only about 3 weeks now, so not much yet.
But, the other day I did harvest some baby leeks, young swiss chard leaves, and good eating baby zuchinnis.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
This is my first harvest this year. I got huge pickling cukes and a good lot of Zucchini. The largest measuring 15 round by 21 long.

pickling cukes, guess I will have to cut these up.

Giant zucchini- I will stuff some, fry some

Any other suggestions?

·
Milk Maid
2,873 Posts

Going clockwise from top center:

Yellow squash with a few Basil leaves, a lovely little cluster of Gem Squash, a few sprigs of Oregano, a few of our very small (but tasty! LOL!) garlic bulbs, then my DD 10's small onions, as well as her Poona Kheera cucumber (yummy!) and then of course a few overgrown zucchini. Ah, and parsley in the middle.

:D

Most of this was picked early this morning for tonight's dinner with home-grown rabbit, can't wait! :hobbyhors

·
Milk Maid
2,873 Posts
I agree, everyone's photos are beautiful! And Fredster.. I wish my first garden had produced like that, good job!!!

heather said:
Are those 8-ball zucchini?
EVERYTHING LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL
Thanks Heather! No, those are Gem Squash, very similar to Acorn Squash. I was born and raised in South Africa, and these are a staple there, very often the very first solid food a baby will eat. So.... we wanted to try grow them here (we're not the first to do so by a long shot :p)

So far so good :hobbyhors

1 - 14 of 14 Posts